Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

possible to move evaporator out of way w/o removal for heater core replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible to move evaporator out of way w/o removal for heater core replacement?

Hi.
1995 Civic DX sedan automatic.
Is it possible to move the evaporator out of the way enough to remove the heater core box, in order to replace the heater core? Time and money are short, and in my other cars I have been able to nudge the a/c evaporator out of the way enough that I could remove and replace the heater core box successfully.

I really don't want to mess with the a/c system, so I'm hoping that it's possible.

Thanks,
Scott Y
Old 07-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: possible to move evaporator out of way w/o removal for heater core replacement?

Hmmmmmnnnn, Scott, I have removed several condensers, but no heater core, so I cannot say 100%. But, just looking at and cleaning the heater core with the evap coil pulled, I cannot see how one would pull the core without pulling coil. Other than the expense of pulling a vacuum and recharging the ac, you should have no problems pulling the evap. At that point , it is only three more screws and you can remove the whole underdash blower assembly. You will be surprised at the amount debris , dust , dirt inside the blower unit and blocking the condenser coil. It appears to me the most of the dash may have to be removed to get that heater core out......anyone who has done this , please advise.......