Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

please look at your 2 gray, 1 green harness that go into fuse block

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default please look at your 2 gray, 1 green harness that go into fuse block

I messed up somewhere and I need someone to pretty please look at the three harness plugs that go into the fuse block under the steering wheel on a 92-95 Civic. There are two grey harnesses and a green one. Describe or make a diagram of the wire colors go to each pin. Particularly the green one. I have the haynes manual and the pdf of the 1300 page Honda manual, but I still can't figure it out.

This is what happened. Some stunna that owned the car before me hacked up the under dash harness in their attempt at installing an alarm and stereo system. Then they had it put back to normal before they sold the car to me. Everything worked fine. Then I installed an alarm and basic stereo system on top of that. Everything worked great for over a year. Then yesterday I go in there to clean **** up and reloom everything so I can tuck the alarm wiring and stereo wiring into a loom with the dash wires. When stuff was rewired by the previous owner, they tangled up some wires. So I trace the wire to the harness, pull the pin out, untangle the wire and put the pin back in. Well people kept calling me right in the middle of it, and I know I didn't re-pin something right. It's probably one wire in the wrong pin. I don't follow wiring diagrams. Someone help this poor stupid ******* out. I should have left it alone!

Right now my turn signals/hazard lights don't do anything, the speedo, tach, fuel gauge, temp gauge dont work, but the lighting does. The cruise control light is illuminated even though this car came w/out cruise control! The dimmer works fine.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: please look at your 2 gray, 1 green harness that go into fuse block (shaundrake)

nah your not the stupid one, its probibly the ******* that hacked it before you owned it. i may be able to get some pictures of my 5th gen harness. but im not sure if i know exactly what you want.

besides, all of those wires are in the helms arn't they? but just spread out between pages individually right?

take your time, you will find the problem, also, check the fuse that goes from the under hood fuse box to the under dash fuse box. i know on my EK its fuse # 15, but yours may be different.

one time that fuse blew on me, and my whole car was going nuts, the speedo was jumping everwhere, and the whole electrical system was like pulsing, but again, i doubt this is the problem and ill shall see if i can get my digital camera in there. but other than that, i would think that a 6 pack, and a helms would do you in fine.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: please look at your 2 gray, 1 green harness that go into fuse block (exare250)

I'm absolutely sure that it's something I just did yesterday. One of the pins is off, or I took something out that was vital. For instance I removed the plug connector that goes to the lighter since I got rid of the whole lighter assembly. Maybe something else was sharing a ground with it. But to me it seems like I mixed up a pin since the cruise control light is on the dash.

I'm an idiot cuz a wiring diagram is a maze to me. I can't transfer it over to the reality that's on my car. I shouldn't have touched anything, but I thought I would just be systematic. I should have unplugged the phone.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: please look at your 2 gray, 1 green harness that go into fuse block (shaundrake)

Looks like it's C501 dashboard wire harness (green), C504 grey, and C502 also grey. Page 967 in the Helms manual. I'm scouring this manual but I just wish it had pin outs for those three plug connectors. I also messed with the junction block, but I can't see how it can be wrong since all the four colors are isolated. I have all the black yellow on one junction, the yellow on another, the black on another, and the red black wires on the last one. I pulled a lot of red black wires when I removed harnesses, and a black yellow for SRS. I hope one of these didn't share a ground with something else.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your in a mess. start learning how to read wiring diagrams. the answers are entangled in the maze of info, guarenteed.