Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please help. Problem after installing clutch/flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help. Problem after installing clutch/flywheel

Hey.
I just had my motor out to install a new headgasket and arp headstuds, and also to install an ACT clutch, ACT pressure plate, and ITR flywheel.

Before I put the motor back in the car and after I put the tranny back on, the motor would turn fine from the crank pulley. Now its back in the car and ready to be started, but theres a big problem. I have a stock JDM B16 tranny with an LSD, and before I could spin the tires effortlessley when it was on the lift, but now I can HARDLY move them at all, and the little bit that I can force to move causes the tires to spin in OPPOSITE directions, which as you know on an LSD tranny the wheels spin the SAME direction.

The clutch feels good and firm and when I push the clutch in, the tires spin like normal in the SAME direction just like they should when the clutch pedal is out.

What could possibly be wrong? Everything is torqued to spec and this is depressing because its my daily driver and its totally hooked up ready to start for the first time in 2 weeks. ANY help whatsoever is greatly appreciated, it took me and a buddy about 30 minutes to line up the tranny when it was on the ground and I really am not looking forward to pullying it off or pulling the motor again

Cliftnotes: After clutch and flywheel install, tires do not rotate hardly at all, and when they do they spin in opposite direction (this is wrong b/c of LSD), but they rotate in the same direction when the clutch is engaged.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2004, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Please help. Problem after installing clutch/flywheel (TeamCracka)

Anyone?