Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP!!!! B17 swap into 93 coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!!! B17 swap into 93 coupe!

Ok I got a full b17a1 swap for my 93 civic coupe. I have a few questions:

1. Wiring harness? WHere can i get a wiring harness for this engine to work in my car? The integra we pulled it from had the wiring harness for the engine and the dash all in one?!?

2. Mounts? Do I need some special ones or?

3. When we pulled the engine I cut the cable and 2 tubes going to the starter motor, I dont think my civic uses a cable for the starter motor does it?

4. Axles will slide right in to the civic wheels?

Thanks for all your help I asked in the integra forum but no one knew!

Old 03-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! B17 swap into 93 coupe! (turbotime)

hey turbo time, i think its searching time before open that can of worms
Old 03-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! B17 swap into 93 coupe! (R you serious)

One thing you'll definitely need that you didn't mention is a hydro to cable conversion kit, which I believe you can get at HaSport. I've never done the swap, so other than that I can't really help.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:28 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! B17 swap into 93 coupe! (turbotime)

Everything you need is available at http://www.hasport.com
Old 03-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! B17 swap into 93 coupe! (HondaFanatic708)

get a hydro tranny and save urself the trouble plus hydro tranny's are easier to find if u break one
Old 03-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think this uses a hydro tranny, it had two shift linkages just like my civic which uses a hydro tranny so i dont need to buy a new one right?

I know i need hasport mounts but what about the wiring harness?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:27 PM

Default Re: (turbotime)

That cable that you cut was the clutch cable which tells you that its not hydro. You need the hydro conversion kit or a new tranny. Hydo trannys werent put in integras until 94. I would use your civic harness, your civic injectors, and wire the distributor plug to match the civic harness. After that add your vtec and knock sensor wires and your good to go. You also would need 94 up integra rear, side, front engine block lower and tranny lower mounts. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think this uses a hydro tranny, it had two shift linkages just like my civic which uses a hydro tranny so i dont need to buy a new one right?

I know i need hasport mounts but what about the wiring harness?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wiring harness can be a little tricky. Is your motor USDM? If it is then no worries, just plug the **** in and look on hasport for the wiring differences. I know for certian you will need to run a 20ga wire from the knock sensor to the D3 ECU terminal. When I did my swap we modified the harness, well I modified the harness myself. I pulled the whole thing off the motor except for the injector wires. Split the factory loom making sure to note (I used zip ties) where sensor wires enterthe main loom. Then figure out which ones would be short and whack em. You should also whack the long ones and shorten them so you don't have a tangled mess of wires. They goal is to have the main engine harness clips (what attaches to your body harness) to be swapped while maintaining factory position of sensor wires. Then re-loom it and tape it up. Oh I would suggest running continuity tests on all the wires you spliced. I am so OCD that we took a fish scale and pulled on my soldered connections with 4lb of force just to make sure they were solid. Have FUN!!! LOL! Happy Tuning! I will pop in to this thread to see how everything is going from time to time.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet thanks for your help, on hasport.com the egb1 kit has the mounts and the conversion for like 400 or so, is that what i need? I can do the wiring, i did the same for my minime. What about the axles will the integra axles bolt up? Also how can i use my civic harness if the engine needs the integra ecu?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^
Old 03-31-2004, 11:14 AM

To swap a B17 in to a 1993 EG chasis you would need an integra or delsol rear mount bracket and possibly a side trans mount. I put a B16 in my EG and only had to replace the rear bracket. Axels can be another struggle. Check the hasport website for axel types. The intermediate shaft seal in the left side of the transmission is different for 90-93 Integra axles. Depending on axle transmission combo, it may have to be changed. More detailed swap info is available on the hasport website at http://www.hasport.com/Tech/In...s.htm

The ECU plugs will plug right in to the Teg ECU. You will not need to modify the under-dash harness to make this swap work. Plug and play is the Honda way (at least for the most part). I will continue to check on this thread to make sure everything goes well for you. Happy Tuning!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also how can i use my civic harness if the engine needs the integra ecu?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I wasn't sure what model civic you have. I would suggest checking out http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Wring/EGDX-GSR.pdf to see what additional mods you may need to do to make the ECU compatible. Make sure you are using proper guage wire since most of these ECU signals are sensative. IE too much resistance could cause your MIL to come on. I am having the same problem right now with my MAP sensor and knock sensor. Most of the problems with the MAP are related to the butt connectors used on the VAFC-II. I would suggest investing in a portable butane powered soldering iron and some good flux core solder. Shrink wrap is also so much better than nylon tapes. As I mentioned I am very OCD about things especially wires. These are all choices you will have to make. But to avoid problems definitely invest in proper wire guage and a FACTORY service manual. You can dowload these at http://icelord.net/honda/repair Happy Tuning