Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

pic request: eg6 front end with jdm fogs..... or without fogs..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So to those who said I'm wrong cuz they're cheaper... you're rightISH... it's still an apperance mod and you're still looking for approval from other "cool" honda guys.

</TD></TR></TABLE> I never said you were wrong. I agree with you, and to those of you considering doing this to your car I would like to buy your stock stuff if it is ultra clean.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (PhucNguyen57)

heres my front end....

Old 07-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SjCiViCHB)

i cant believe you guys. this is so stupid. who cares. JUST DO WHAT YOU LIKE. dont be scared someone is going to call you a ricer. **** them for being a hater.

BOTTOM LINE: do what you like, dont hate on others for doing what they like, because then my friend, you are a hypocrite. so how about you either shut up, or post pictures.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SjCiViCHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres my front end....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

do u always drive with ur front end so low??

i like ur ride i would love to keep mine that low but i keep banging shyt haha
Old 07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would imagine you would scrape going over a piece of paper. nice!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:30 PM

Default Re: (bluehatchy)

the jdm headlights have a cleaner beam patern than the usdm "hotspots"
Old 07-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just installed a set of those OEM foglights, do you guys think i should leave em silver, or paint it flat black? thanks!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

because they are an apperance only item... they have NO purpose over stock usdm other than fashion... that's rice... those dudes put wings on there cars because the think it looks NICE... you put jdm headlights on cuz you think it looks NICE... both still rhyme with RICE...

If you come back with "they're lighter" you even lamer....

I agree and like the look of the jdm headlights and ESPECIALLY the clear corners... but to say that they are somehow not "rice" is just silly... if it don't make it go it's rice...</TD></TR></TABLE>

So your saying that every single mod you have that does not make the car move "fast" is ricey? That is the funniest **** I have ever heard.

Hey guys I am not going to fix up my car at all because tHaTS riCey YOH!

Get a life, you swear like everything on your car is there just to make you "go-fast".
Old 07-14-2003, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: (hatchback)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So your saying that every single mod you have that does not make the car move "fast" is ricey? That is the funniest **** I have ever heard.

Hey guys I am not going to fix up my car at all because tHaTS riCey YOH!

Get a life, you swear like everything on your car is there just to make you "go-fast". </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually...

A. I don't care what people do... I have jdm headlights myself...
B. I have 2 dented front fenders that are NOT getting fixed period... if I ever get a swap or a sick deal comes by I'll hop on it but... other than that I'd MUCH rather have a faster car with b.d. than a slower one w/o.

Yes Just like I said and you quoted... EVERY non-functional mod to your car is rice imo...

What, ONLY the things YOU consider rice are rice... appearance mods that you deem acceptable are NOT?

that makes WAY more sense than saying ANYTHING that doesn't benifit your car in SOME way is ricey...

I never said good or bad I just said if you have jdm this and that, which serves NO purpose then it's just as rice as the allegidly "non-functional" triple decker park bench on some other dudes car.

To the origonal poster....

I am SORRY for hijacking and bickering on your thread... I'll post pics of my jdm headlights when we-todd-did comes back up...

Old 07-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: (euclid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euclid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the jdm headlights have a cleaner beam patern than the usdm "hotspots"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I TOTALLY dis-agree... mine are singapore domestic markets but the beam pattern SUCKS... It puts WAY too much light towards our driver side (ie oncoming traffic) and not enough towards the actual side of the road.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:56 PM

QUESTION!!!!do you have to cut out your grilles when you install them or i should say in order for them to fit???thanks for everyones help.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92SiHatchie)

Yeah, U gotta cut out your grilles to install the factory fogs. U can get generic ones from http://www.procarparts.com that look identical, and even come with the OEM fog switch that sits next to the defroster...for only $99 + shipping. They even have the blue ion lens version, but to me thats crap.

http://www.procarparts.com/sto...2D-CL

Well, as for the whole "JDM this and JDM that all over your car" thing. My experience with it is kinda fun, and it surprises a lot of people and friends who have the same car as mines, and they say stuff like "Hey, why doesn't my headlights have that?...or why are all your interior lights orange?...or how come my car doesn't have a map light between the sun visors? It's the small things, that get noticed...by certain people. It's kinda fun showing them the numerous things on my car that are similar, but different in function compared to the stuff on their cars. I can't explain why I do it, but this is one result of what happens when people take the time to notice my car. (which is not very often)
Old 07-14-2003, 10:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SjCiViCHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres my front end....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice headlighs... got the same... and ya man... thats freakin dumped.. i thought mine was... but DAAAAMN... congrats to u my friend
Old 07-14-2003, 10:22 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (DjGuamstyle)

Real deal JDM EG6 foglights.... they came yellow (he didn't paint them). Looks similar to the DC2 fogs at night. The "replica" aftermarket clear EG foglights can be found anywhere from $70-$90.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:32 PM

Default Re: (DumpedEG)

that dumped hatch looks like it doesnt have any wheels in fromt, just sitting the rotors on some wood blocks
Old 07-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Newman)

Old 07-14-2003, 10:34 PM

Default Re: (specialTEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specialTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

that **** is hot! lovin the Mugen MR5's y0!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:54 PM

Default Re: pic request: eg6 front end with jdm fogs..... or without fogs.. (DumpedEG)

I'm sorry to bring this back anywhere close to the original topic, but what is the difference between USDM fogs and the JDM's, if there is?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:08 PM

Default Re: pic request: eg6 front end with jdm fogs..... or without fogs.. (Shady)

usdm = white lens, or ion blue..

jdm = yellow lens

I think the housing is different on the jdm also.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pic request: eg6 front end with jdm fogs..... or without fogs.. (hatchback)

JDM ones come in clear too. Mine came off a SirII front clip and they where clear.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:27 PM

Where would be the best place to get the JDM front lenses/foglights?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some JDM lenses are yellow, some are clear.... i think its a difference in years??? (not sure of that just a assumption) but usdm ones are all clear.... those ion ones are "ebay specials" ... all lenses (jdm or usdm) say stanley on it regardless
Old 07-15-2003, 01:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (HybridHackBatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHackBatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that dumped hatch looks like it doesnt have any wheels in fromt, just sitting the rotors on some wood blocks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have wheels. You can see bricks in the pic that i used to drive on so i could fit a floor jack under the car. Its not that low anymore however.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:45 AM

Default Re: (DjGuamstyle)

thanks man!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SjCiViCHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have wheels. You can see bricks in the pic that i used to drive on so i could fit a floor jack under the car. Its not that low anymore however.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a good idea! I always wondered how dumped cars got floor jacks underneath them.

Quick Reply: pic request: eg6 front end with jdm fogs..... or without fogs..