Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

People with Aftermarket MOTOR mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with Aftermarket MOTOR mounts.

I am planning to get innovative motor mounts for my 98 civic.

Is it daily drivable? Annoying? Vibration?

Your experience between stock and after market?

Would you go back to stock if you could? Was it worth the money?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anything is daily driveable if you can put up with it but yah they may rumble a little more but it shouldnt be anything to ridiculous. but i guess solid mounts dont really bother me that much so my opinion is a little biased.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (HONDACIVC93)

I freaking hated my solid mounts that I had on my S13 and the solid mounts my friend had on his ITR'd 97 hatch. They were fun for a couple of days, but then it got old. and my S13 was definately not my daily driver. I'd only do it on a race car. Stock is SO much nicer. I have no idea why the freak you'd want to feel the vibrations from your engine. I could understand steering and suspension feedback, but...the engine?? If you had no choice because of a certain swap, or if you were making too much power for the stock mounts to put up with, or you were trying to cure wheel hop or something...I guess I could understand, though.

Why are you putting mounts in the car? lol...are you going to say it's because you want to feel the engine?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (B serious)

ive got a set of hasports with my h swap and i love them, but ive gotten used to the vibrations they cause, which isnt that bad btw some ppl just complain way to much, i used to daily it so its def doable
Old 03-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i kinda like the solid mount feel, as long as your engine runs somewhat smooth at idle it should be totally tolerable.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (HONDACIVC93)

lol my motor doesnt idle it ranges from 1100-500 rpms and ive got no complaints about the vibrations
Old 03-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H22Ej1)

The asport mounts on my k are fine. The avid mounts I had on the b16 ef were ridiculous, the whole car shook like a woman in a rap video!! If it is your daily driver and you are not making 300 whp+ go for stock style.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: People with Aftermarket MOTOR mounts. (JerkDC2)

I have used the 60A and the 75A. Both are great and no vibs from the 60A.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u want a smooth ride and quiet with no vibration at idel, go with oem mounts, otherwise aftermarket mounts like innovation and hasports will shake and vibrate while the car is at idel because they are very firm and stiff. some people claim they cant listen to their cd player
Old 03-11-2008, 06:11 AM

Ive got hasports in my EM1, and at first I wasnt to thrilled about the vibration in the car, but its only bad when you start your car cold.... Once it warms up you would never know the difference..... Really you will get use to it...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: People with Aftermarket MOTOR mounts. (wearyfurball)

i have 75a innovatives in my em1

its not a DD and vibrates kinda hard, but the linkage doesn't move during shifts the wheel hop is way better from dead starts for autox.

im really happy with my purchase, plus my motor mounts were shot to hell
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Default Re: People with Aftermarket MOTOR mounts. (electron_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electron_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have 75a innovatives in my em1

its not a DD and vibrates kinda hard, but the linkage doesn't move during shifts the wheel hop is way better from dead starts for autox.

im really happy with my purchase, plus my motor mounts were shot to hell</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh I see, i am planning to get 65a what do you think about that??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wearyfurball &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive got hasports in my EM1, and at first I wasnt to thrilled about the vibration in the car, but its only bad when you start your car cold.... Once it warms up you would never know the difference..... Really you will get use to it... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hmm interesting..
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u want a smooth ride and quiet with no vibration at idel, go with oem mounts, otherwise aftermarket mounts like innovation and hasports will shake and vibrate while the car is at idel because they are very firm and stiff. some people claim they cant listen to their cd player</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol I like music

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG_H2B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have used the 60A and the 75A. Both are great and no vibs from the 60A.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am planning to get 60A/65A if not stick with oem.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by c_buz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The asport mounts on my k are fine. The avid mounts I had on the b16 ef were ridiculous, the whole car shook like a woman in a rap video!! If it is your daily driver and you are not making 300 whp+ go for stock style.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea its my daily.. and iam not making 300whp but around there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HONDACIVC93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i kinda like the solid mount feel, as long as your engine runs somewhat smooth at idle it should be totally tolerable. </TD></TR></TABLE>
tolerable as in... pretty much the same as OEM?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22Ej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive got a set of hasports with my h swap and i love them, but ive gotten used to the vibrations they cause, which isnt that bad btw some ppl just complain way to much, i used to daily it so its def doable </TD></TR></TABLE>

Interesting..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why are you putting mounts in the car? lol...are you going to say it's because you want to feel the engine? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, because my stock mount is almost a goner, and I was thinking of replacing it with stiffer aftermarket mounts since I am replacing it anyways.. and want more power to the wheels.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:45 PM

get inserts they work wonders in my ek w/GSR stock mounts. I have the energy suspension ones. They feel great and little to none vibration.