Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which path should I choose, and weird little noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which path should I choose, and weird little noise

Hi guys, so about 2 weeks ago I purchased my first car for a great deal. I have a 2000 civic si, the original owner was a lady who did travelling and was shop maintained so it's in incredible shape. body has 160,000 km's and the motor only has 1600 km's. The motor was rebuilt at 160k because it started misfiring on one of the cylinders and it wasn't driven until I bought it, the guy also redid all the trim, and did the shifter bushing too! Sadly I only got some acura rims and crappy all seasons with it, but I'll be getting rims and summers shortly. My first 800$ saved is going into exhaust, intake, fogs, badgeless grille, front and rear lip.

Anyway onto the bigger picture here, the whole reason I wanted a 2000 si was because I planned to buy and do a b18c1 swap after the summer, I know I could have just bought a sir but finding one around me that isn't beat to **** or have a full turbo and motor build its very slim you come across one. But I had an idea, my motor is brand new that means it would be complimented very well by a turbo. So now I'm torn on what to do, the motor is perfectly fine so there's no need to swap if I want extra power I might as well turbo and do it from there. I've been reading about d16y8 stock turbo'd and it seems fine, I'd obviously get all the needed stuff with the turbo kit right away but if anything it will be cheaper then a new b18c1 would be. After the turbo I would definitely do a full build on the motor and keep the car. I have posted my car on a local car site to see what people would offer me for my car in terms of a trade, looking to see if I could sneak myself a deal with a rsx type s.

Anywho, which do you guys think would be my best bet? selling the car and buying/maybe trade for rsx or similar. Or keep it and turbo the d16y8? Or wait a bit longer and get a b swap into er.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: Which path should I choose, and weird little noise

Opinion poll type threads don't belong in old established technical threads.

Trial users aren't allowed to post in General Discussion and Debate so closed it goes.

Besides GDD is a pool of carnivorous predators that like to chews things up more than a rotty or pit bull.

Please read the rules sticky at the top of this forum before starting another thread. Thanks.