Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Passenger side window STUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side window STUCK!!!

Hi, i have a civic ex coupe 97, my passenger side window has been slow and stuff for the past month. Then today.....it finally got stuck! at the middle of rolling up it just stops..My friends pull it towards the back of the car and it can go up some. Im pretty sure the window isnt aligned properly because some portion of hte window i coudlnt see before, I can see now. ahhhh
Old 06-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Passenger side window STUCK!!! (icefirezero)

so what do you want us to tell you? if you need advice id say your window is off track, civics are known for that. heres what to do. open the door and using either a screwdriver or your hand start pulling on the back of the door panel, its held on by some snaps. dont be afraid to pull a little, they are kinda tough to pull out. then just move down the door panel WITH YOUR HAND pulling all the snaps out. and at the front of the door there is a bolt. i think its a 10 mm, but anyways, loosen that and reach inside the door and push the window back in the track. but first put some silicone spray in the track(thanks to ricey mcricerton for that tip), it will help. then push the track back so the window is tite in there and tighten the bolt. DO NOT TAKE THE WHOLE PANEL OFF THE DOOR. it is a bitch to get back on. hopefully that helps. and if it doesnt make sence it will when you get the panel off. oh and next time search. i know for a fact this has been covered. i have posted the same ? as well as helped answer it many a times.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Passenger side window STUCK!!! (icefirezero)

your window is not "off track" like all civic's have problems or tendencies to do. it's slow because your track's dry. silicon spray the track. the track is the 2 black guides inside the door guiding the window up and down. the regulator is the actual moving part attached to the window. lube the track with silicon spray... you're all good. the reason why it moves when your friend pulls the window in is because it relieves alot of stress because it's minimizing contact surface between the window and the track letting it move freely.