Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

over heated twice

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over heated twice

so i have a 2000 civic ex and it over heated cuz my fan went out and the water pump went out as well so i replaced them. when i started it up i heard a small scuiqing noise from the timing belt so i left it alone so i can check it out the next day my bro drove it to the store, on his way back the timeing belt fell off and broke the crank sencor off that scuiqing noise was the belt rubing on the timing belt cover. so it over heated agin then i found out i had water in my oil so i changed out the head gasket and had the head checked and resurfessed. the jurk at julios auto shop in rialto ca. f*cked it all up he left big *** scrape markes all over the bottom of it. so i tried it out any ways water went back into the pistons cuz of the scraches so went out and bought a head from a 98 civic (100$) so every thing is back on the car but it wont start it turns and i got spark but i get this funny noise from the intake manifold any idea of what it can be ive tried almost every thing oh and when i picked it up the seconded time their was a clicking nosie inside the car i didnt think nothing of it till now and ive checked all the fusess
Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: over heated twice (assassinACE12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by assassinACE12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i have a 2000 civic ex and it over heated cuz my fan went out and the water pump went out as well so i replaced them. when i started it up i heard a small scuiqing noise from the timing belt so i left it alone so i can check it out the next day my bro drove it to the store, on his way back the timeing belt fell off and broke the crank sencor off that scuiqing noise was the belt rubing on the timing belt cover. so it over heated agin then i found out i had water in my oil so i changed out the head gasket and had the head checked and resurfessed. the jurk at julios auto shop in rialto ca. f*cked it all up he left big *** scrape markes all over the bottom of it. so i tried it out any ways water went back into the pistons cuz of the scraches so went out and bought a head from a 98 civic (100$) so every thing is back on the car but it wont start it turns and i got spark but i get this funny noise from the intake manifold any idea of what it can be ive tried almost every thing oh and when i picked it up the seconded time their was a clicking nosie inside the car i didnt think nothing of it till now and ive checked all the fusess </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, you've had a bad time haven't you. i thinking your timing is off, this is why the car won't start. as for the over heating, make sure the pump wasn't damaged again after the belt broke, and bleed the cooalnt system.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:18 AM
HRD PKR

Default Re: over heated twice (philosofy1)

sounds to be backfiring threw the intake is my guess, check your timing as stated above. its cranking fine right? not slow like a dead battery would?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Default Re: over heated twice (B16B_coupe)

cranks great and yes it does sound like a back fire i checked the timing and its fine what if the head is from a differnt modle civic would it matter they both have the vtec just the blug was differnt i had to remove the white spacer inside the hook up to the old one and the cam pully is also from the old head
Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 AM

also how do i now i have enough spark?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
HRD PKR

How exactly did you check to make sure you have spark? using a srewdriver in the plug wire?

Btw are you getting fuel/ enough fuel pressure?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Default Re: over heated twice (B16B_coupe)

yeah i used a screwdriver and fuel i will check to night and get back to you on mon. is that cool my cpu brock at home so i use it at work