Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Opinions on aftermarket Intake Manifolds.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on aftermarket Intake Manifolds.

I was looking online at intake manifolds and I've heard mixed things about them adding HP and some say they lose the low end HP but have good gain on High end. Im thinking about buying one made by OBX, I havent heard anything bad about that brand and my CAI is made buy them and i love it. But my real question is could it hurt to have one, or would it not benefit me. I'm a N/A kind of guy, so im not looking to turbo. I have a 94 Del Sol with a D16z6, CAI, header, test pipe, wires, and thats about it but i have many plans for more stuff.

I like the way the manifold looks better than stock and im not looking for a huge gain or nothing just about 1 or 2 HP. Here's a pic and the price, is it worth it for the low price just to have, any opinions would be great.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1130
Please refrain from flaming the giant "R" on the site, the site isnt where i would be buying from and it has nothing to do with what im buying.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on aftermarket Intake Manifolds. (KiDSoL)

You are kinda contridicting your self. On the one hand you are talking about HP gains then on the other you are speaking about being concerned mainly with the way it looks and gaining hp as not a priority.

What are buying it for looks or performance. If looks come 1st then it shouldn't matter how it performs so long as you don't lose power. If performance is more a concern (no need to say what way the people on this board lean towards) then OBX, although I haven't seen their Intake manifold, their quality doesn't exactly instill confidence in me (Refering to a OBX header I have seen that was in really rough shape after 6 months of use).
Old 06-27-2003, 11:08 AM

it would do more if the motor was built more. i.e. internal work
Old 06-27-2003, 11:10 AM

Depends on the manifold, on where you will gain the most power. Look at the dyno results from the company.
Formt he pics, I say it looks like you will get power across the entire powerband. But I owuld look at the dynos first. Looks good though.
If you are going to be moding the engine seriously then you might want to look into a manifold, but right now for your purposes you don't really need one, just looks pretty.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok i do want it for looks, but also what i wanna know mainly is if im gonna lose out on HP by getting it or low end, thats my main concern i guess cuz in a car like mine i think thats all that matters cuz i dont plan on going very fast where high end would matter. I guess the way i explained my reasoning is kind of contraditctoy sorry.