Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!!

I need help? My 92 civici hatch has only 2 door speakers, are there any stock(oem) components that will fit in the car so i can run at least 2 more speakers in the back somehow?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (Tadoman23)

Yea, if you lookd at the rear panels, there's 1 long part on each side that pops out. Other civics came with a bracket in there for mounting speakers. They'll bolt right in, all you need to do is install speakers.

If I were you i'd rather start fresh though, get some good 6x9" component speakers and have a local audio shop just put them back in there for you.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:28 PM

dude forget having a local shop doing it for u. Its very easy to do ur self there should be to wires in there and just hook the negative wire to the negative terminal on the speaker and the same procedure with the postive. Takes about a half hour to do and saves u some money.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea, if you lookd at the rear panels, there's 1 long part on each side that pops out. Other civics came with a bracket in there for mounting speakers. They'll bolt right in, all you need to do is install speakers.

If I were you i'd rather start fresh though, get some good 6x9" component speakers and have a local audio shop just put them back in there for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My pyramid 6x9's sound awesome with and without my amp hooked to them. They put out 400 max Watts and 125 rms watts. I got them for $60 shipped. I don't think I will ever go with any other 6x9's.

-Shane
Old 10-02-2005, 01:31 PM

rear speaks dont do anything.. dont waste money
Old 10-02-2005, 01:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tealeg88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude forget having a local shop doing it for u. Its very easy to do ur self there should be to wires in there and just hook the negative wire to the negative terminal on the speaker and the same procedure with the postive. Takes about a half hour to do and saves u some money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And yeah, as long as the wires are there, it is pretty easy to install them. The hardest part is getting the back cover off, which the only reason it is a pain is because it fits in there so tightly.

-Shane
Old 10-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (nighttrain33)

Rear speakers ruin the sound stage.

Get a decent set of front components.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: (waterboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rear speaks dont do anything.. dont waste money</TD></TR></TABLE>

They don't? Maybe you have the wrong pair back their, but before I got my subs, my 6x9's put out more bass and still sounded clear than a lot of subs I have heard.

-Shane
Old 10-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They don't? Maybe you have the wrong pair back their, but before I got my subs, my 6x9's put out more bass and still sounded clear than a lot of subs I have heard.

-Shane</TD></TR></TABLE>

i took out my rear speakers (but i had a sub) and i couldnt tell difference..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rear speakers ruin the sound stage.

Get a decent set of front components.</TD></TR></TABLE>

highly argree.. there is a new brand out now called "Rainbows" i highly recommend them.. i put them in my car. They have VERY HIGH Front-End bass.. but a little $$$ ($500 )
Old 10-02-2005, 01:48 PM
ballin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rear speaks dont do anything.. dont waste money</TD></TR></TABLE>

I happen to ghetto fab 6x9s in the rear cargo cover made a big difference in clarity. I had 2 10"s and front speakers before.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">highly argree.. there is a new brand out now called "Rainbows" i highly recommend them.. i put them in my car. They have VERY HIGH Front-End bass.. but a little $$$ ($500 )</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have a sub, then why do you have "high bass output" front speakers? I have never heard of such a thing, and how could 80 rms 6.5's put out more sound or bass than 125 rms 6x9's? My Rockford 6.5's put out 80 rms watts and won't even come close to my 6x9's.

-Shane
Old 10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (nighttrain33)

A good set of components in the front and rear, along with a good headunit and some adjusting, gives you basically surround sound. And if you go with a larger speaker in the back, it will be able to produce more bass than a smaller 6.5", which is useful if you're not into heavy bass from a sub and are just looking to upgrade.

As I said, you can get the stock bracket and put speakers back there and just hook them up, but a shop would be able to make a custom bracket for 6x9's if you so chose.

I've got 6.5"s and 6x9's in my accord, kenwood speakers with pioneer headunit, and I have to say, all my sound comes from the larger rears, the small ones in front just don't cut it.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A good set of components in the front and rear, along with a good headunit and some adjusting, gives you basically surround sound. And if you go with a larger speaker in the back, it will be able to produce more bass than a smaller 6.5", which is useful if you're not into heavy bass from a sub and are just looking to upgrade.

As I said, you can get the stock bracket and put speakers back there and just hook them up, but a shop would be able to make a custom bracket for 6x9's if you so chose.

I've got 6.5"s and 6x9's in my accord, kenwood speakers with pioneer headunit, and I have to say, all my sound comes from the larger rears, the small ones in front just don't cut it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

"audiophiles" perfer that sound DOESN'T come from the back. heck, when you're listening to a live performance, are there speakers or performers behind you? typically not.

surround sound in movies and tv shows put you in the middle of the action. however, you'd need a bunch of processing equipement to get the effect correctly in you car. also, music pretty much never utilizes surround sound.

in my old hatch, i never bothered to install speaker in the back. the car was so small that rear passenger never really complained. i had 6.5" MB Quart reference components up front (w/ 110x2 rms alpine amp) and a 12" JL sub in the rear (600x1 RMS amp). the sound.

if you're looking for cheap, space saving bass, go ahead and throw some 6x9's in the back. since i like my music a lot, i prefer a real sub.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (_gurusan_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rear speakers ruin the sound stage.

Get a decent set of front components.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course, this is coming from a former sound off competitor. For music, you don't need rear speakers. All I have are high quality components (JL Audio XR650) up front and a 12" sub in the trunk. The rear 6x9s have been removed so I can get more bass into the cabin.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (derspi)

boston acoustics...the boston pro components cant be beat for the $ beating out "high end" setups costing 4-5times as much in ces...including rainbow ....
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (_gurusan_)

Rear speakers will help the soundstage when used correctly.

Gice about 100 watts RMS to the front componets, the use the ehadunit to power the rear FILL speakers. You can play with the phasing also. Some also run a +/+ setup in mono off the front amp.

Yep, I just confused the newbies
Old 10-03-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (Mista Bone)

i have some pioneer speakers up front and i can't hear **** when i have my windows rolled down because of my 5zigen border 504 cat back exhaust..... will rear speakers help or should i just put in my 10" sub, i have a crossfire bmf 200.1 amp.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:17 AM

chill dude i only have 1 speaker
Old 10-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Only 2 SPEAKERS!!!! (sockvtec)

i have 4 6.5 all the way around, and when you are sitting up front, you can hear them all

i say go for rear speakers and install them yourself, its very easy