Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

omfg...seafoam is driving me f'king nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omfg...seafoam is driving me f'king nuts! (just seafoam'd...cel + no vtec)

alright, this is driving me f***ing nuts. im debating whether or not to seafoam thru the brake booster line. i changed my oil today and took off my valve cover and it looked pretty damn good for 168,800 miles so i didnt pour any into the crank case.

but as far as using it thru the brake booster line. risky? 168,800 on my stock y8 and its never been seafoamed. i cant imagine how much carbon is in there right now. im scared as hell to seafoam it. i have no money for repairs if something gets f'd up.

should i or shouldn't i seafoam thru the brake booster line.

Modified by amej8 at 11:36 PM 7/7/2006
Old 07-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally i wouldn't put seafoam into my crankcase unless it was just while it was idlein..

Seafoam into the brake booster is 100% safe and with 168+ miles.. we've done it to cars with 200+ miles.

Your fine
Old 07-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Personally i wouldn't put seafoam into my crankcase unless it was just while it was idlein..

Seafoam into the brake booster is 100% safe and with 168+ miles.. we've done it to cars with 200+ miles.

Your fine </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i like to hear. but just as a "what if", is it even possible for any negative outcomes to occur? can seafoam increase blow-by and increase leaking and stuff?

id imagine with all the carbon built up, a tiny bit of it might act as seals and such and taking that away, well u get the picture
Old 07-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omfg...seafoam is driving me f'king nuts! (amej8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amej8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright, this is driving me f***ing nuts. im debating whether or not to seafoam thru the brake booster line. i changed my oil today and took off my valve cover and it looked pretty damn good for 168,800 miles so i didnt pour any into the crank case.

but as far as using it thru the brake booster line. risky? 168,800 on my stock y8 and its never been seafoamed. i cant imagine how much carbon is in there right now. im scared as hell to seafoam it. i have no money for repairs if something gets f'd up.

should i or shouldn't i seafoam thru the brake booster line.</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't make another thread reported
Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omfg...seafoam is driving me f'king nuts! (G2 Speed)

lol reported cuz i made a thread about something different?

seafoaming thru the brake booster line kills carbon built up in the combustion chamber.
seafoaming thru the crankcase kills any stuff thats chunked up in the crankcase.

z-omg this thread has nothing to do with needing an oil change or how the crankcase is effected.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stop being such a ***** and follow the instructions. Jesus Christ
Old 07-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by amej8
alright, this is driving me f***ing nuts. im debating whether or not to seafoam thru the brake booster line. i changed my oil today and took off my valve cover and it looked pretty damn good for 168,800 miles so i didnt pour any into the crank case.

should i or shouldn't i seafoam thru the brake booster line.
Originally Posted by amej8
well the ramps are out on the driveway and the cars lined up but i was thinking of seafoaming thru the oil cap before changing my oil since im in need of an oil change anyways.

but before i try seafoam, how risky is it compared to thru the brake booster line? i know thru the brake booster line, its supposed to clean the carbon built up in the cylinders and stuff but what about thru the oil cap? my cars got 168.8k miles and i dont wanna take a risk like thru the bb line. what does seafoam do anyways thru the oil cap? just break down clobs of oil built up in the head?

and the thing i was worried about with seafoaming thru the brake booster line was that since my car has so much mileage, im afraid any carbon cleaned up will actually cause leaking in the block and that would be a no no since i have no money for repairs or a motor.

need input asap!
Hmm looks the same to me idiot
Old 07-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omfg...seafoam is driving me f'king nuts! (G2 Speed)

lol quote #1 - asking about seafoaming thru the bb line. quote #2 - KNOWING the risks of seafoaming thru the bb line and asking what the risks are of seafoaming thru the crankcase.

Hmm idiot
Old 07-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyways, to see if it is safe to use seafoam, perform a compression check. If your numbers are uneven across, carbon buildup could be holding that compression up, hence i would not seafoam in that case. If not, go for it!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:07 PM

So what if the dude has couple question about SEAFOAM? Why is it such a big fuking deal to you ******* to talk ****? Isn't it the whole fuking purpose of honda-tech in the first place? either you help the man or stop wasting space in his thread. You dumb *** act like you knew everything from teh get-go. Like you never asked a noob question in your life before or something. jesus fuking christ!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omfg...seafoam is driving me f'king nuts! (JDM B16A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM B16A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what if the dude has couple question about SEAFOAM? Why is it such a big fuking deal to you ******* to talk ****? Isn't it the whole fuking purpose of honda-tech in the first place? either you help the man or stop wasting space in his thread. You dumb *** act like you knew everything from teh get-go. Like you never asked a noob question in your life before or something. jesus fuking christ!</TD></TR></TABLE>

somebody grumpy, I would have to say a wasteless post is alot better then a wasteless thread you dumb fugly ****, it's not the fact of a n00b question, he asked the same question in his previous thread so go f yourself

thanks for coming out

and

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stop being such a ***** and follow the instructions. Jesus Christ </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i just seafoam'd. tons of white smoke while pouring it in holy ****.

but i got a cel and vtec never engaged. the battery is disconnected as i speak so ill try resetting it and come back
Old 07-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (amej8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amej8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i just seafoam'd. tons of white smoke while pouring it in holy ****.

but i got a cel and vtec never engaged. the battery is disconnected as i speak so ill try resetting it and come back</TD></TR></TABLE>
$50 says if you get that Cel tested it will be your O2 sensor.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

thats what i was hoping wouldn't be the problem.

which o2 sensor by the way? and where is it located
Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just got back from driving for about 3 minutes after resetting the ecu. vtec is working and cel didnt come back on.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amej8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just got back from driving for about 3 minutes after resetting the ecu. vtec is working and cel didnt come back on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lucky you.

I've seen a couple cases of sea foam killing the primary O2.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lucky you.

I've seen a couple cases of sea foam killing the primary O2. </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually yeah i just searched "seafoam" to look for any problems other ppl might have had with CEL's coming on after and it seems most cases, their o2 sensor ****'d on em. but in my case i guess im lucky.

how quickly is the cel supposed to come back on if my primary o2 sensor is shot?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:25 PM

If the o2 sensor is shot it's shot, it might throw a code or it might just be lazy and suck but not be so obviously fucked and just not throw a code, if you had searched beforehand you prolly never would've done it...*shrug*
Old 07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the O2 sensor is shot the car will run like crap period. Chances are if the car is running fine then you're doing ok. Just watch for any others to pop up and get them checked out if they don't go away.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SVOboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SVOboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the o2 sensor is shot it's shot, it might throw a code or it might just be lazy and suck but not be so obviously fucked and just not throw a code, if you had searched beforehand you prolly never would've done it...*shrug* </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i meant earlier when i said i searched "seafoam". i just wanted to see outcomes for a variety of ppl.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the O2 sensor is shot the car will run like crap period. Chances are if the car is running fine then you're doing ok. Just watch for any others to pop up and get them checked out if they don't go away. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah my car runs perfectly fine. actually, acceleration is so much smoother. no more boggy feeling. before seafoam, when i accelerated normally, there was about a second after each shift where the car felt really weak and then u could feel like the car got an extra oomph and started going