Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Oil Light - quick flash

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Light - quick flash

I searched and only found things about the oil light flashing during driving. My problem is that when I turn the key on, the oil light is on. When the car starts, the oil light flashes once. But, it doesn't come on again and it won't come on if I turn the car off and turn it on quick. Anyone have any similar experiences?
Old 07-06-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Oil Light - quick flash (PokeyD16Z)

i thought the oil light was supposed to come on on initial start up? or are u asking soemthing else?
Old 07-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Light - quick flash (98B00STED)

he might mean...he sees the light on at first (key in ignition, car turned on and started already) then the oil light flashes...?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Oil Light - quick flash (civicboisi)

yeah, after the car is turned on, the light turns off, like normal. BUT, in my car, it flashes once after it turns off like normal...
Old 07-07-2004, 06:52 AM

anyone?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The light is just saying hello, good morning, good afternoon and goodnight to you. Its just telling you that its there.

Now when your driving and that little light comes on, PULL THE **** OVER! Your about to blow up
Old 07-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Light - quick flash (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The light is just saying hello, good morning, good afternoon and goodnight to you. Its just telling you that its there.

Now when your driving and that little light comes on, PULL THE **** OVER! Your about to blow up </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 07-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PokeyD16Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, after the car is turned on, the light turns off, like normal. BUT, in my car, it flashes once after it turns off like normal...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had this problem in one of my cars. The light would also come on if I had just done an oil change, and started up immediately after as well. It turned out the oil pump was weak, and slightly clogged. It wasn't able to deliver adequate pressure on start-up.

Old 07-07-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Oil Light - quick flash (EX_AutoXer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX_AutoXer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I had this problem in one of my cars. The light would also come on if I had just done an oil change, and started up immediately after as well. It turned out the oil pump was weak, and slightly clogged. It wasn't able to deliver adequate pressure on start-up.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds good to me. might want to run a cleaner thru ur system. might have sludge buildup
Old 07-07-2004, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Oil Light - quick flash (boostin4drcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostin4drcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds good to me. might want to run a cleaner thru ur system. might have sludge buildup</TD></TR></TABLE>

I seafoamed about 2 months ago...could this have clogged it up a bit? What kind of cleaner do you suggest to remove this? If I don't run a cleaner, could I just clean the screen? I'm gonna be putting my new tranny on, so if I need to, I could just replace the oil pump. I have yet to see this while driving or anything more than a quick flash at startup, so it could just be getting a bit clogged....it only happens when I startup after a couple hours or more of cooling down.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:56 AM

same thing happens to me at startup...but i knew it was just a Hello I'm Oil type thing.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PokeyD16Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have yet to see this while driving or anything more than a quick flash at startup, so it could just be getting a bit clogged....it only happens when I startup after a couple hours or more of cooling down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, you should just replace the pump while you're in there. The vanes in mine were just so worn and crappy that if the car had been sitting for a while, the pump wasn't 'primed' properly when starting. The engine had to run for a bit in order to generate running pressure. Just drop a new pump in, you don't want to risk having your engine totally oil starved.