Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OBDII to OBD1 Conversion Help EK

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDII to OBD1 Conversion Help EK

okay i did a obd2 to obd 1 D16a conversion in a EK i have jumper harness for the obd1 p28 ecu

on the other end i got diffrent opinions about the clip what is the best way to do this conversion.

change obd1 dizzy, injectors, and intake manifold to obd2 or just cut clips and change the clips to obd1.

also keep in mind the obd2 and obd1 wire colors do not match up.

Vtec, i know i have to wire it up but is there anything else i need to do.
what do i need to do to finish my swap thanks for any help.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBDII to OBD1 Conversion Help EK (dc4 integi2a 00)

any help?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
B.
400 HP Club

damn dude I wish I could give you a better answer.. But when I did mine, I was swapping an obd2 motor into a obd1 car.. What I did was kept the obd2 dizzy and injectors but cut and wired them into my obd1 harness. Along with the o2 senor. I made a new bracket for my odb1 alternator and mated it to the obd2 motor.. The difference is my wires matched up.. Try http://www.hondaswap.com if you can't find some answers on here............ gl

Old 05-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ummm when you do an obd2 - obd1 conversion...youre only suppose to get an obd1 ecu and the obd2 -1 converssion harness.....i dont know why youre changing all the other stuff??????
Old 05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBDII to OBD1 Conversion Help EK (bleedblue94)

Heres what you need to do.. Did it a few weeks ago.

01 ITR into a 94 Civic with vtec.

Use the OLD harness from the civic.. Next, injectors/02/alternator/distributor are all different..

Swap the WHOLE injector harness.. There colour coded, so its easy.
Swap the distributor plugs.. We used the 01 plug off the old harness onto the 94 harness, the wire colours are similar.. (look at the colours on the distributor, not the plug your using.. they change colours for some reason)
The alternators can also be swapped, i dont know the wiring, i looked it up on here, its there.
02 needs to be extended.

Get a chipped P28 and plug it in, your good to go.

If you dont have vtec now.. add that too.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBDII to OBD1 Conversion Help EK (HamiltonRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres what you need to do.. Did it a few weeks ago.

Use the OLD harness from the civic.. Next, injectors/02/alternator/distributor are all different..

Swap the distributor plugs.. We used the 01 plug off the old harness onto the 94 harness, the wire colours are similar.. (look at the colours on the distributor, not the plug your using.. they change colours for some reason)
The alternators can also be swapped, i dont know the wiring, i looked it up on here, its there.
02 needs to be extended.

If you dont have vtec now.. add that too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hes not putting it into an obd1 car....hes simply running an obd2 motor in his obd2 car...but he wants to use an obd 1 ecu
Old 05-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres what you need to do.. Did it a few weeks ago.

02 needs to be extended.

If you dont have vtec now.. add that too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

why did you cut and put new plus on everything....just use the harness originally in the car...add the vtec wires, and get an obd1 alt, dizzy and injectors and save yourself from hacking up the harness
Old 05-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleedblue94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why did you cut and put new plus on everything....just use the harness originally in the car...add the vtec wires, and get an obd1 alt, dizzy and injectors and save yourself from hacking up the harness </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah just get all new stuff.. Thats cheaper

The harness is clean dude.. really clean. This isnt the first time ive done this eaither. Solder and heatshrink, and re-loom, looks stock.. Ive also done a full wire tuck in my EF... But i hack up harnesses
Old 05-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah just get all new stuff.. Thats cheaper

The harness is clean dude.. really clean. This isnt the first time ive done this eaither. Solder and heatshrink, and re-loom, looks stock.. Ive also done a full wire tuck in my EF... But i hack up harnesses </TD></TR></TABLE>

im not necessarilly questioning your abilities, thnatd be foolish of me to do without ever seeing your work...but what im saying is 2 fold....one hes not putting an obd2 motor into an obd1 car...he says right at the begining im putting an obd2 motor in my 96 ek but want to run it obd1....hes doing way more work then he needs to.

also as far as cutting and soldiering the harness like i said im not questioning your abilities...i just think its better to give people the simplier way to do think so as to allow less chance for error...
Old 05-01-2006, 07:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleedblue94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hes not putting it into an obd1 car....hes simply running an obd2 motor in his obd2 car...but he wants to use an obd 1 ecu</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's actually my car this is getting done to, this is my brother that started the topic.

But it is a '98 EJ6 which is OBD2 with a D16A ZC swap which is OBD1. We have the conversion harness and chipped ECU. I was told at one point that the only thing that needs to be changed on the harness is the injector clips and distributor clips to match for OBD1 injector and distributor. But then some people say i can just swap for OBD2 injector, distributor and etc. i'll be fine.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBDII to OBD1 Conversion Help EK (98EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's actually my car this is getting done to, this is my brother that started the topic.

But it is a '98 EJ6 which is OBD2 with a D16A ZC swap which is OBD1. We have the conversion harness and chipped ECU. I was told at one point that the only thing that needs to be changed on the harness is the injector clips and distributor clips to match for OBD1 injector and distributor. But then some people say i can just swap for OBD2 injector, distributor and etc. i'll be fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

alriht ood luck with the swap...you can do either option...its your choice, and i apologize if i came across as an ***...you have 2 choices ...either way should waork for you