Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

o2 sensor? plz need all the help i can get

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor? plz need all the help i can get

ok i have a 132 bank 1 sensor up on my check engine light i bought a bosch bank one sensor it has 2 whites 1 black and 1 gray i have on my stock wiring harness blackyellow blackgreen blackwhite and solid white i dont know how to hook my sensor upto clear my code my guys dont know how to hook it up and is there a page i can get help or i need to clear my code asap and i need help hooking my sensor up please hellp thanks alot you guys
Old 04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: o2 sensor? plz need all the help i can get

Is it a OBD1 or OBD2 car?
Aftermarket O2 sensors will be likely to have different color wires but if it plugs up to the original connector then it should be correct.

On OBD2 cars, there is two o2 sensors, one reading before the cat and one reading after the cat. If you have a high flow cat then that can cause a check engine light to come on.

Try resetting your ECU if you have not yet.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its a obd2 car its bank 1 first sensor and like I said before it have different colors then what my stock is I don't have my origniak connector like usual they try to raise the price bec it have a piece of plastic to it I don't know how to hook it up is there a website avaible or what
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how can you ask for help and not supply any information about your vehicle? come on!

the gray is the signal wire, 2 whites are the heater wires and the black is the ground.

get a haynes manual and look up the wire diagram for your car. then match to what i wrote above (make sure you solder and heat wrap your connections). or else spend a few extra bucks and get the o2 with the harness so its plug and play.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A few bucks that sensor is like 57 bucks the one witht the haness is 190 so you tell me that that's just a few bucks my *** and next time read what I posted I gave you all the info appreciate it
Old 04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You didn't say what year and model and everything you have. If the connector doesn't fit into the one on the harness I would assume you have the wrong one. Rigging that up to make it fit probably wouldn't help clear your light anyways.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afplayboy17
A few bucks that sensor is like 57 bucks the one witht the haness is 190 so you tell me that that's just a few bucks my *** and next time read what I posted I gave you all the info appreciate it
Bro you mine as well kiss getting any helpful reply goodbye if your gonna reply to people helping you like that. He is right i just got an oem one for my car for sixty bucks shipped i am not sure where you came up with 190 you might want to try searching that again. If you can't figure it out just use process of elimination, your heater wires should be getting power when the car is on and the sensor wire will have continuity to the correct pin on the ecu.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres no need to be a dick bro ive been on here for a long time man i didn't mean nothin by it i have a 2000 ob2 car ex 1.6 auto bank one sensor 132 is the only code i got bro i bought a brand new o2 sensor from bosch it has 2 white wires 1 gray 1 black where can i find how they hook up to my car man i have no connector on my car it was just put together it has a black yellow black green black and white i was just tryin to get some help if theres a manual to look at or something i can do or i can meter it out with a meter underneath or what plz help i appreciate everything
Old 04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by joelmatt89
Bro you mine as well kiss getting any helpful reply goodbye if your gonna reply to people helping you like that. He is right i just got an oem one for my car for sixty bucks shipped i am not sure where you came up with 190 you might want to try searching that again. If you can't figure it out just use process of elimination, your heater wires should be getting power when the car is on and the sensor wire will have continuity to the correct pin on the ecu.
I think he's actually right. I don't feel like taking the time to actually check prices but I remember this coming up before. '99 - '00 EX primary O2 sensors used a different plug (male instead of female or vice versa) and the '99 - '00 version were considerably more expensive than the '96 - '98 version

Originally Posted by afplayboy17
theres no need to be a dick bro ive been on here for a long time man i didn't mean nothin by it i have a 2000 ob2 car ex 1.6 auto bank one sensor 132 is the only code i got bro i bought a brand new o2 sensor from bosch it has 2 white wires 1 gray 1 black where can i find how they hook up to my car man i have no connector on my car it was just put together it has a black yellow black green black and white i was just tryin to get some help if theres a manual to look at or something i can do or i can meter it out with a meter underneath or what plz help i appreciate everything
grey is signal on a bosch O2 sensor, black is ground IIRC and the 2 white wires are heater wires. Just to warn you though bosch O2 sensors are junk. Ideally go with Denso (honda's OEM supplier) or NTK.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, on your car the black yellow and black green should be the heater wires so match them to the two white wires on your o2 sensor, the black should be ground so match it to the black wire on your o2 sensor and white should be the signal so match it to the gray wire on your o2 sensor.

I'm not sure if those are the exact ones, I'm just guessing. It's best if you get a haynes or helms manual and check it out for yourself. Or look for someone who has a manual and can tell you what each wire is.