Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
ocd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!!

The turbo timer works, but the keyless won't lock the doors while car is timing down. I have searched all over the net without helpful results. Any help will be appreciated. Someone's gotta know how to do this with relays or something.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2004, 07:20 PM
ocd

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (ocd)

bump
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (ocd)

You're stock keyless entry system thinks your car is still on. That's why it won't lock the doors. I know I've seen it somewhere, but I can't remember for the life of me what you change to make it work right.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:24 PM

Well then, get an aftermarket alarm then is what i suggest. Better than the factory keyless entry.

If your looking to lock your doors easily. Leave door open and pull and hold the door handle. Press down on the lock button and release handle and close the door. Your alarm just won't be armed.. Alot quicker than putting the key in and locking it. But i think if you press the button, and the car shuts off, it might arm itself. I'm not sure.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (BallHawk3)

^ negatory....

aftermarket alarms are generally intalled not to arm if the car is running.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tough it up...
either sit in the car for 2mins when you get to where youre going
Or
lock it manually from inside (hold open door handle and flip lock) or outside (key)
Old 01-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

take this question to the audio/security forum and someone can help you.. all you need to do is wire up a relay and it will work correctly.. ive done it before for a customer but its late and im tired and cant think of how to do it now.. you need to interupt the igniton wire with the relay
Old 01-15-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (ARIZONA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARIZONA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ negatory....

aftermarket alarms are generally intalled not to arm if the car is running.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Get a clifford G4 or G5 series alarm and it will work. I had a Avantguard 4 on my Astro, it had a built in remote start and turbo timer and I was able to arm my alarm with the van running. It wouldn't activate the shock sensor or starter kill untill the engine shut itself down.

There is a way to wire around the factory keyless entry with relays so it works. Go to a stereo shop and ask, they can do it.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:35 PM

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (ARIZONA)

thats not true. I have a viper alarm, forgot which model, think..the 400 something?
I can turn my alarm on when the car is running.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ocd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The turbo timer works, but the keyless won't lock the doors while car is timing down. I have searched all over the net without helpful results. Any help will be appreciated. Someone's gotta know how to do this with relays or something.

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i had this problem before too.. i discovered that you can lock your car while the timer is counting down by using the key on the keyhole on the driver's side door handle. try that and tell me if it works. it works on my car.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (BallHawk3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BallHawk3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well then, get an aftermarket alarm then is what i suggest. Better than the factory keyless entry.

If your looking to lock your doors easily. Leave door open and pull and hold the door handle. Press down on the lock button and release handle and close the door. Your alarm just won't be armed.. Alot quicker than putting the key in and locking it. But i think if you press the button, and the car shuts off, it might arm itself. I'm not sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep.......this is how i do it!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how long do you guys generally set the timer for anyways. Im asking this because i figure you couldnt use a fuel pump kill switch, or something of the sort with the turbo timer activated. So i assume you have to wait until its run its course and then activate all the switch's. right?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (iwhichisme)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iwhichisme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how long do you guys generally set the timer for anyways. Im asking this because i figure you couldnt use a fuel pump kill switch, or something of the sort with the turbo timer activated. So i assume you have to wait until its run its course and then activate all the switch's. right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep. You are correct. To the original poster, wire the alarm to check to make sure that your doors are closed, not if the car is on/off. That should make it arm while the car is on. Be careful though, I don't know about factory alarms, but on aftermarket alarms you have to adjust the shock sensor to keep it from going off if you have a lumpy idle!
Old 01-16-2004, 06:39 PM
ocd

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (Ricey McRicerton)

Guys, I give up. I called a very reputable audio store and they didn't know. They told me they have all had problems locating the unit that actually controls the OEM alarm functions. They thought it was in the factory radio - wrong! They think some function may be embedded in the ecu and may not be able to be bypassed.

Thanks anyway.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ocd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Guys, I give up. I called a very reputable audio store and they didn't know. They told me they have all had problems locating the unit that actually controls the OEM alarm functions. They thought it was in the factory radio - wrong! They think some function may be embedded in the ecu and may not be able to be bypassed.

Thanks anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The factory alarm is incorportaed into the 96-98 headunits.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (Ricey McRicerton)

Your alarm should be located right side of the dash, green plug.. gonna have to use a relay in order to make it work..
Old 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BallHawk3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats not true. I have a viper alarm, forgot which model, think..the 400 something?
I can turn my alarm on when the car is running.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it is true. You can arm yours while it runs Because you don't have starterKill... and If you do, it isn't hooked up
Old 01-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, I have remote start in my Si and, obviously, my doors are locked when my car is running when i'm not in it.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Pooping on children

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (lax1185)

i had an Avital alarm in my prelude it would arm itself 30 seconds after the car shutoff. i believe it was called an avital hurricane II
Old 01-16-2004, 08:41 PM

Default Re: O.K., turbo timer won't work with factory 99si keyless-HELP!!!! (BADEG6)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=437044