Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

noob vafc help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob vafc help

this is just copied and pasted from my post in the teg forum so yes i know i posted in multiple forums they just dont answer as fast over there if at all gotta love the eg+ guys

hey everyone i usually post in the eg+ forum but today im in need of the help of you integra guys. i bought a vafc from a friend and im looking to install into my 98 OBDII gsr swapped civic im not really looking to tune it at this point as i have only bolt ons. since i bought it used i found the booklet at apex.com so dont send me
there for help. after aprox 30 mins of searching for my answers i come to you guys what im lookin for is a pinout diagram or listing of what wires i will need to tap into. in addition i would like to know if there is anything i need to know while installing, like are there settings i need to know about, im really just looking to get it installed for now, but if there are settings i must set or change in order to get it running correctly i would like to know before i start. besides wiring is this a job a noob can do?

cliff notes : what do i need to know to install vafc in a gsr swapped civic (because i have never done it before)

TIA
Old 11-13-2004, 07:35 AM

Default Re: noob vafc help (screech)

nm bout the diagram found it in the FAQ thanks to b18c5eh2 thnx but is there any settings that i will need to know about in order to get it running correctly?
Old 11-13-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Re: noob vafc help (screech)

i have a vafc and a unkown harness (I think its avcr) it plugs in but the wire colors dont match up my question is i go with the colors off the vafc or off the harness i have. before you flame me i have never installed one before and i dont wanna **** up my ecu so i just wanna make sure that i use the colors coming off the vafc so i dont have to make a i installed a vafc and fucked my car up thread please only let me know if you know for sure cuz im bout 80% sure just lookin for a definate yes