Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

no spark!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 06:51 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark!! HELP

I've got a 95 EX and a couple of days ago it started acting up. Low idle, spuratic idle, whole car shakes like Elvis (before he O.D.ed on the *******). My mechanic, who yes, is a backyard mechanic (and he's worked on about five cars a day for the last 45 years), removed a spark plug wire while the engine was running, and it died. Wont start, and now gets no spark. He says the car should run, although not well with a wire out. He took apart the distibutor and there was about a tablespoon of motor oil in it! I just had my distributor, wires and plugs replaced 2 wks ago and it ran fine. Now it doesn't start. My man says he's heard alot about the ICM (ignition control module) going bad. Anybody have a clue what this is, or do you just talk about simple stuff here?
Old 10-19-2001, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no spark!! HELP (BizkitOmega)

I've got a 95 EX and a couple of days ago it started acting up. Low idle, spuratic idle, whole car shakes like Elvis (before he O.D.ed on the *******).
LOL

Make him fix it...he broke it

check the ignitor, and coil.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:10 PM
New User

Default Re: no spark!! HELP (DragIIcivic)

Obviously! He is rather busy, but should work on it in a couple of days (I don't bitch because I've got more than 1 car, and he does things for cheap... like free cheap). He didn't know off hand, so I thought I would see if any of you knew anything other than how to put indiglow face guages in. Oh well, by all means, please continue to waste space on a "tech" website by talking about cheese-its, the Flintstones, Hamburgers (not to mention words like "Madd Phat Yo"). As a matter of fact, it seems that you spend a lot of time in other forums, and barely contribute anything to the civics. Whose *** did you suck to become a moderator, and as a moderator, do you think you could do something about my percentage? I'm sure that after this you will want to see it at 0. What the **** do I care? Do me a favor and have me banned from this website (or the whole ******* worthless internet for that matter)! A bunch of ******* mamas boys that probably haven't really ever worked for anything. "Oh, look at me! I got two Integras and Prelude from my rich daddy. I can do a Type-R conversion with the money I make at Wendy's 'cause I don't pay rent. I can do all of my bolt-ons with the money I make selling drugs!! Then when my parents die, I can squander their inheritance, so when I'm forty I have to go on welfare to support my eight unwanted children." Pimp of the year... you didn't even know what a pimp was in 87. You were listening to the Bangles, and avoiding getting your *** kicked on the way to school. I really ******* hate this ****!
Old 10-19-2001, 08:24 PM
New User

sorry. got fired from a good job and i have a kid to support. shouldn't have taken it out on you. anyways i don't think i'll be on here any longer............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS IS GONE
ALL THE HANDS OF HOPE HAVE WITHDRAWN

[Modified by BizkitOmega, 12:26 AM 10/20/2001]
Old 10-19-2001, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got 5 bucks that says it's the ignitor

Miguel