Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Project / need input

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Project / need input

Hello-

Im new here and to the Honda world... actually Ive never owned a Honda except for a CBR and a Lawn mower

So I got a wild idea that I miss having a track car and want to put something new together as a time attack / track day car. Ive been trying to decide if I should go with a Suby, Miata, Honda or a few other things. Since Ive always been a huge fan of the 92-95 Hatches Ive decided to build one

Here is what Ive been trying to find out but haven't yet-

Trim levels, does it really matter what trim level car I get if I am going to be swapping in a better motor. Are there drum brakes on some or do they all have 4 wheel disk? I assume the wiring in the cars is the same but am not 100% sure

I just want to make sure I don't buy the "wrong" car and make more work for myself in the long run trying to save a few bucks with the start.

As for engines I want something that will make good power but not a ton. Im just looking for reliable and enough to make the car move... prob 180 - 200 should be fine. From what Ive read I think a B 18 but am not sure... if you have any input Ill take that as well

As soon as I get this its gong in for a cage and then Ill be ripping into the suspension... motor when I get some more cash.

Here are some of my other toys from the past-

Thanks for the help guys... cant wait to get this going

-Travis B