Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new to the forums....noob question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forums....noob question.

hey honda people, I picked up my very first Honda...well, car wise.

I picked up a 97 Civic Sedan LX for a daily driver....it needs some body work, so I was curious if the 99-00 EX, SI bumper (front & rear) would work. Someone said I had to change out my headlights, hood, and fenders and do some cutting? is that true? being a honda noob, they look similar am I missing something?

My plans are to make this as stock looking as possible for a beater....it's got some aftermarket exhaust that I am going to replace with stock, some no name intake, and a aftermarket cd player that I want to put a stock unit back in. The interior is okay, but I'd like to upgrade that as well with the newer si style seats....will the coupe rear si seats work in the sedan?

please don't flame me! I know I'm asking some really bad questions, but I am gonna drop it off at the body shop and want to get all the parts needed beforehand to help save on cost.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new to the forums....noob question. (Absolutcobra)

for d series non vtec and as a daily drive. aftermarket bolt ons pwer gain will be minimal, not worth of money to power gain ratio. if u want fast. build up a stonger engine with nice internal parts and boost it or simply dual cam swap
Old 03-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new to the forums....noob question. (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for d series non vtec and as a daily drive. aftermarket bolt ons pwer gain will be minimal, not worth of money to power gain ratio. if u want fast. build up a stonger engine with nice internal parts and boost it or simply dual cam swap </TD></TR></TABLE>

You didn't read it well. He said he wants to REVERT back to stock, not add an exhaust and intake etc.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Absolutcobra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My plans are to make this as stock looking as possible for a beater....it's got some aftermarket exhaust that I am going to replace with stock, some no name intake,</TD></TR></TABLE>

Try the appearance and cosmetics forum too, search in there you wil surely find your questions have already been answered here, and congratulations on your first Honda! MY advice. . SECURITY! Theres a huge security FAQ here. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: new to the forums....noob question. (Absolutcobra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Absolutcobra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I picked up a 97 Civic Sedan LX for a daily driver....it needs some body work, so I was curious if the 99-00 EX, SI bumper (front & rear) would work. Someone said I had to change out my headlights, hood, and fenders and do some cutting? is that true? being a honda noob, they look similar am I missing something?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The '96-'98 front end and the '99-'00 front end are totally different.

All '96-'98 USDM Civic coupe, hatch and sedan fronts are the same, though the grille on the sedans is different (but interchangeable).

All '99-'00 Civic coupe, hatch and sedan fronts are the same, though here in the US the Si has a different grille, as so the sedans.

Sedan grilles have a different number of fins and a chrome shell. Coupes and hatches have a painted shell. The Si has a painted shell and a mesh interior instead of fins.

The Si gets a standard front lip, while the other trims have the same lip as an option. The Si body is the same as any other '99-'00 coupe, except it gets all color matched trim. All trims have optional fog lights and rear lips. The Si had painted sideskirts stock, but the other trims could get these as an option too.

In order to put a '99-'00 front end on your '96-'98, you'll need:
Headlights
Front bumper
Fenders
Hood
Grille
Core support (optional - you can hammer in th stock corners or cut into your new bumper)

The coupes and sedans also have a different rear bumper (it turns out slightly at the bottom on the '99-'00s) and the taillights on the coupe anf hatch are red and white for '99-'00, while they're red, amber and white for '96-'98. The trunk and taillights for the sedans also changed.

The climate control panels inside the cars also changed, and can be a bit of work to convert from one to another.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new to the forums....noob question. (NOFX)

damn....my fears were true!

thanks for filling me in! that's probably more than I want to spend in the cosmetic dept! oh well, scratch that idea.