Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new to the forums need some inspiration pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forums need some inspiration pics!

Well I am new to the forums and am hopefully going to be new to the honda world. I now have a VW but I am looking into getting a honda just becouse of the reliability and ive always liked the cars. I just want to see some nice mods but not to much rice to get some inspiration to get one. I am looking at getting a 95 civic vtec. Plans would be very vague nothing to serious. Im not sure if its a big thing in honda but in VW widened steelies are big and look awesome so I would be planning on making a new set of those for this car and not for the vw. I would plan on some type of catback system. Coilover suspension and other little mods. I am just looking for something that runs well and looks good. Let me see what you have. here is a pic of widened steelies and my current car for views not sure if anyone knows about them here or not.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your going to need a few extra bolt-ons to counter that extra friction those extra wide tires will counter your car with. (ie.-> headers, catback exhaust, air intake..)
Old 03-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ke98248)

im sure it can handle it
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new to the forums need some inspiration pics! (PGHcivic)

Welcome to Honda-Tech.

I'm not sure what forums you've frequented in the past, but it might be safe to assume that one of them was VW Vortex. As a fellow VW owner, something I discovered when I began spending time over there is that some aspects of that site are rather different than H-T. The one that I should point out here is that picture threads aren't really appreciated in the technical forums unless there is some technical discussion related to it. The picture threads can be found in the Appearance / Cosmetic forum. On VW Vortex, nearly every other thread is a picture thread, and everyone appends images of their cars to their posts, so it's understandable why you might expect the same sort of thing here. One thing that's unfortunately common on both boards is "flaming", so I just wanted to point point out the difference in practices to help you avoid the hard time that many members might try to give you.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to the forums need some inspiration pics! (Padawan)

Yup, im from the tex. Bashing is not to big a deal I dont really try and bring anything on myself but I dont take computer "Flaming" to serious. I am on the board for help and to appreciate the art of cars not here to make fun and flame. Sorry about the pics in the threads I was wondering where they all were. I will give this a try in the apprearance thread. Since you are a fellow VW owner any likes and dislikes of the two makes? Which is more reliable in your view and which do you prefer to drive?
Old 03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new to the forums need some inspiration pics! (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome to Honda-Tech.

I'm not sure what forums you've frequented in the past, but it might be safe to assume that one of them was VW Vortex. As a fellow VW owner, something I discovered when I began spending time over there is that some aspects of that site are rather different than H-T. The one that I should point out here is that picture threads aren't really appreciated in the technical forums unless there is some technical discussion related to it. The picture threads can be found in the Appearance / Cosmetic forum. On VW Vortex, nearly every other thread is a picture thread, and everyone appends images of their cars to their posts, so it's understandable why you might expect the same sort of thing here. One thing that's unfortunately common on both boards is "flaming", so I just wanted to point point out the difference in practices to help you avoid the hard time that many members might try to give you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good post....my only input is to use the search feature religiously.

Other then that.....nice Vdub hatch
Old 03-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Develop a plan on what you want the car to be before you start spending $$.

Search the apperance/cosmetic forum for "the official_____ pic thread" for more pics of a specific car to give you an idea of what people have done.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to the forums need some inspiration pics! (G2turbo_terror)

Ive got a plan of what I want the car to be. It wont cost to much I dont want to rice it out much just want something kinda classy and reliable.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome to the forums! where at in pittsburgh are you? im pretty close to Monroeville lemme know if you wanna stop out at miracle mile some night or in irwin we are all nice guys and there's plenty of inspiration out there...there's even some volkswagen owners out there even though they are the kinda VW guys that think their **** smells like daisys and their 16 second cars are way better than any "gay honda" but the guys that wear the H keep em in check haha
Old 03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to the forums need some inspiration pics! (1jdmferio)

I'm from Greensburg. Useless information, but I figured I'd throw that in, since I don't see too many people from Pittsburgh.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

inspiration pics...found this

Old 03-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1jdmferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welcome to the forums! where at in pittsburgh are you? im pretty close to Monroeville lemme know if you wanna stop out at miracle mile some night or in irwin we are all nice guys and there's plenty of inspiration out there...there's even some volkswagen owners out there even though they are the kinda VW guys that think their **** smells like daisys and their 16 second cars are way better than any "gay honda" but the guys that wear the H keep em in check haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, I know some of the kids that go out there....Jeremy with the civic and yellow VW VR6, Steve with the slammed jetta, pinto with the side dump jetta, and a few others. I am from Upper Burrell which is near New Kensington. I will for sure be out the mile this summer. That acura is hott
Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you just want to look at pics of cars for inspiration, please try our "Appearance/Cosmetic" forum. Welcome to the site.