Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Doors onto an Eg

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Doors onto an Eg

I did a search on this for the past couple of hours, and I carefully read through the write ups they had on installing power doors and power windows on an Eg. Only problem is that I'm replacing my old doors with new doors which means I won't have to take the door apart. The doors were taken from a 95 coupe. A friend a mine told me that all i would need is a plug that connects from the door to the coupe itself and that would be it but I can't seem to find any info on it. Can someone help please?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Doors onto an Eg (ChinitodeNJ)

bump::
Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Doors onto an Eg (ChinitodeNJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChinitodeNJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did a search on this for the past couple of hours, and I carefully read through the write ups they had on installing power doors and power windows on an Eg. Only problem is that I'm replacing my old doors with new doors which means I won't have to take the door apart. The doors were taken from a 95 coupe. A friend a mine told me that all i would need is a plug that connects from the door to the coupe itself and that would be it but I can't seem to find any info on it. Can someone help please?</TD></TR></TABLE>

so why won't you be the first to do the write up. pic up a repair manual, and look to see where everything goes. then do it. being that the doors are already power and all you are doing is swapping them out. the job should be cake.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, the plugs are different on the non-power models (cx, si, etc.). The plugs are bigger on the EX model to accomodate the pwr windows and locks. The easy way to do it would be to find a donor coupe and cut the plugs and the rest of the wiring out from under the dash. I did this on mine.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92SIRclone)

You are correct you just need the in car door harnesses. No need to cut the wires. Just take the floor harness from the donor, it unclips all the way around. It goes from door to door on the floor under the dash and then to the fuse box. It is easier to start on the passenger side as it is easier to see which group of wires you are dealing with. Open the door and disconnect the rubber boot and clip the harness from the jam area. Pull the wires through to the cabin, and trace back to the other side of the cabin. Unclip what you need from the fuse panel. Then open drivers side door and again remove the boot and unclip the harness, pull through the cabin. Now the old one is out replace the new harness just the way the old one was. what you Completely remove the harness and reinstall its that easy.

You will replace old doors with donor doors and just clip floor harnesses together at doors jams and fuse box your are done (plus fuse and relay). Very easy 100% plug and play. GL
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92SIRclone)

You are correct you just need the in car door/fuse box harness. No need to cut the wires. Just take the floor harness from the donor, it unclips all the way around (it takes a bit of work but it's not hard). It goes from door to door on the floor under the dash and then to the fuse box. It is easier to start on the passenger side as it is easier to see which group of wires you are dealing with. Open the door and disconnect the rubber boot and clip the harness from the jam area. Pull the wires through to the cabin, and trace back to the other side of the cabin. Unclip what you need from the fuse panel. Then open drivers side door and again remove the boot and unclip the harness, pull through the cabin. Now the old one is out replace the new harness just the way the old one was.
You will replace old doors with donor doors and just clip floor harnesses together at doors jams and fuse box your are done (plus fuse and relay). Very easy 100% plug and play. GL
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dognutz)

Sorry for the double post?