Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to civics, not to honda

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to civics, not to honda

So I'm pretty new to this place, wish I would've joined up years ago when I had my accord, lots of stuff I wanted to do but never knew where to start. I knew that f22a pretty much inside out but now I have moved up, imho, to a better car.

I just bought a 96 ex d16y8 powered civic and am lookin to do a few things to it. It came with a short ram intake, that seriously was probably bought from auto zone, some promax wheels (i think) and some monster warrior tires (4x4 status). I got a stock airbox finally and got a new set of wheels and tires and am currently in the process of replacing the clutch. Just out of curiosity what does everyone suggest for sites to buy items such as; lowering springs, adjustable coilovers, maybe anyone in the spokane, wa area know of any good exhaust shops, or maybe a good shop in general for parts that isnt going to rape me? If I do resurrect my accord I plan on putting a little money into the civic to make it a fast, but still dd/ streetable car. Hit me with your best suggestions.

btw, Eran, thank you for the great deal for the wheels and painting them for me, I'm going to get them mounted thursday and pics will follow.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats up man.. im new to this site too.. but not at all new to hondas..

as far as the civic,, i would start saving so you can boost that thing.. i have a friend with the same car. with a turbo kit and hondata s300 and he runs consistant mid 13s and it is his daily..

Jesse
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (midnightsdawn)

swap!

but it really depends on what you like to do.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marshun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">swap!

but it really depends on what you like to do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah, i dunno, not really to big on swappin out that d16, its in really good shape as it is. If anything maybe a dohc head swap...
Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KSWEST)

Welsome to Honda-tech

There are many other places you can continue modding before you have to decide on engine needs , and I'm not sure what you mean by "If anything maybe a dohc head swap..." but if you mean put a dohc head on a d series unfortunately it won't work, you will have to swap out the engine and transmission etc.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kuja396)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kuja396 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welsome to Honda-tech

There are many other places you can continue modding before you have to decide on engine needs , and I'm not sure what you mean by "If anything maybe a dohc head swap..." but if you mean put a dohc head on a d series unfortunately it won't work, you will have to swap out the engine and transmission etc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my apologies, i didn't mean a dohc swap, i just meant head swap in general. I have been thinking way to hard about this h22 swap i want to put in my accord and dohc is just stuck in my head lately. Anyways, is anyone around spokane/ coeur d'alene area to let me know what shops they approve and disaprove of?