Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s

OK i am looking for an EG Hatchback platform for sale and i have the following instore for it but let me know if you have any suggestions...

i am going to be using the car as a daily driver and for auto cross solo 2.

-B18C5 motor
-LSD Tranny
-Suspension (coilovers, Camber, and tie bars both upper and lower)
-Exhaust
-Light weight pulleys
-Light weight Fly wheel
-Stage 2 clutch plate
-Tires and Light weight wheels
-Intake
-remove Seats and put in some sparco's with race harnes's
-Hondata ECU

Maybe Later
-Turbo Kit
-FMIC
-HKS SSQV BOV (unless it needs to be recirculated, then Forge 006 DV)
-Larger Injectors

let me know if i am missing anything and if any of you have any insight to any good EG Hatchbacks for sale let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s (DragonEye)

The only thing that I would not add that is on the list is the light weight pulleys. They don't add any power and from what I hear can throw off the harmonic balance of the engine, correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s (DragonEye)

Sounds good to me. Now all you need is time, money, and an eg to do it all to. Also, if it is a daily driver, you might want to invest in security for it as well. I wouldn't want a C5 disapearing... make sure you invest in a rear subframe saver as well such as a beaks kit depending on what type of sway bar you use for the rear.

Edit: I was going to suggest the above when i saw lightweight pulleys. And they only can start to "wobble" when the pulleys themselves do not have the harmonic balancer on them...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s (GARBhatch.)

yea i forgot about that part, the brakes, well i want a big brake kit on there, sometihng like brembo or something. but i would convert it to a 4 wheel disk if it isn't already, and as for the front end i would probably just buy the front clip from a company in japan and have it shipped over to me.

as for this project car i cant see it costing more than about 18K all said and done

(I will be doing all the work on it other than the bending of the exhaust, some interior work, and Painting)

what is it that you mean about the rear sub frame stuff?

Im a VW guy now with a GTI 1.8T trying to get into the civic scene within the next year.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The rear subframe can rip if you don't reinforce it.

As far as brakes, might want to look into an ITR setup. It should do you just fine.

EDIT: If you get harnesses, you need a roll bar/cage to mount them to.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s (Ricey McRicerton)

any links as to how i would do that?
Old 03-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragonEye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any links as to how i would do that? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You need a Beaks kit or something similar.

Check these threads
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=725812
Old 03-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s (Ricey McRicerton)

out of curiousity (sp) im new and im wondering how to reinforce the subframe and how can it rip? what exactly is the sub frame?

thanx... ill do some research

Modified by flipp117 at 5:13 PM 3/15/2004
Old 03-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragonEye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any links as to how i would do that? </TD></TR></TABLE>
you might have to search the archieves but i remember seeing some threads about torn rear subframes from extreme driving conditions. so i would try search some various topics and see what you can find (rear subframe, tore subframe, beaks kit, etc) just keep trying stuff til you find it. they're out there
Old 03-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the boards but not new to Car tunning and i have a few ???'s (lohatch)

thanks guys, i will definately be doing this.....

now i have to find a good hatch....