Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Neuspeed Sport springs/with Koni yellows?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neuspeed Sport springs/with Koni yellows?

Alright, I just bought a set of Neuspeed sport springs, and am now looking to get some shocks. I have a 92 Honda civic CX hatchback. I was thinking about getting some KYB AGX shocks, but one of my close friends religiously beleives that the koni yellows are the god of all shocks. I know that the Konis have a way better warranty. So here are a few questions that were still not answered after I was done searching:

1. If I buy a used pair of Koni yellows, does the warranty transfer
2. If I buy the shocks new, the warranty is for life? and if it breaks, they just send me a new shock?
3. I know that coilovers are better then just the springs, but since I already got the springs, is it "safe" to put them on with the koni yellows? When I searched, there was this one dude that said something like "since you got the Nuespeed springs, you shocks will be gone soon". Just trying to confirm if what he was saying is BS since 3 or 4 people in that same thread said that the Neuspeed Sport springs with Koni yellows are a great combo.
4. If you have any other opinions, comments, and especially pics with this setup, please feel free to share.

sorry for the long *** post though...
Old 09-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Neuspeed Sport springs/with Koni yellows? (LazYRaCeR)

I have run Neuspeed sports before.....the spring rates are a little on the soft side for such expensive shocks....you could save money just by buying AGX GR-2's.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Neuspeed Sport springs/with Koni yellows? (LazYRaCeR)

Referring to the shocks being gone, he was probably talking about stock shocks. I've heard of Neuspeed springs(and others that lower like 2") blowing out stock shocks, but you should have no problems with the koni's and neuspeed together. I believe they are made to go together anyway. Good luck!