Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions

Ok, Im looking to spend a max of $100 at this moment for a tool set. I would love to stay much less, but I got $50 at home depot from my girlfriend for my birthday.
Yet again, college + Me = No money ... so I really want to stay as close to that 50 as I can, so maybe I can get a cheap but reliable electric screw driver just to make it easier to remove my amp case top. But I dont want to take it up the butt with a bad set either.

I was searching HD's site, and found this,

Husky 160 Pc. Mechanic's Tool Set
Model 64721

which seems to fit...(some stuff I dont need though... Hammer.. etc..) But I would like some opinions, or perhaps suggestions for a better set or rather, getting individual tools etc.. This is mainly for my Civic, but also for some basic work with wood and etc for audio/home repair.

Thank you
Old 02-08-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (CooBlueDAB)

Seems like a decent set. Lifetime warranty also.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (young grasshoppa)

Husky is just fine for working on your car on the weekends and ****. Actually my boss uses a lot of husky stuff in his box in our shop. It is stereo and car electronic stuff so it is slightly less duty on the tools than mechanical.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (Blazin Civic)

hrm, see id like to be able to use this on regular maintanence stuff as well, IE if I were to change bolt ons to the engine, wheels, brakes, etc... but also electronics.

Arg, such an important decision....
Old 02-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (CooBlueDAB)

Supposibly husky is the same as craftsman, its just sold at Home Depot rather then sears.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat, NY...err Bay Area--->Texas
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (sohcvtec1995)

Hey All,

I own Husky Tools as well as craftsman. The vast majority of my tools are Husky, Inlcuding my air compressor and impact tools. They work just fine, excellent quality as well. You can't go wrong with either husky or craftsman.

-Mike
Old 02-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have a sears close by i would go with a comparable sears product.. only because homedepot is like the bank..... too many customers to help and not enough cashiers to do the job. plus if you need to replace it. homedeport you have to go to the return line, at sears you just go pick out your replacement and walk up to any counter.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:15 PM

I see nothing wrong with husky stuff for home use. I dont have any of thier tools or boxes but I do like some of thier stuff. They had a huge tool box that was only like $800 and it was ball bearing drawers etc and Sears had a craftsman box same size and it was like $1200 and then there is Snap On that wanted like $2500 and this was with a supposedly 1/2 off student discount. Snap On is good stuff if your in the trade you wanna buy from who ever comes to your shop usualy but for home use Husky the brand at lowes or craftsman works fine.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:17 PM

Husky
Craftsmen
Old 02-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (supdawg2)

craftsman no questions asked on replacement
Old 02-09-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Need some reviews on Husky for tools or any other suggestions (MoonRacer13)

rgr thank you all
Old 02-09-2005, 05:13 AM

Tools Tools Tools gotta love ya tool(s)
I've been working on my own cars/trucks for years and i used to demand craftsman only. Eventually i needed a tool when i didn't have money for craftsman or sears wasn't open. So i've ended up buying some husky some great neck (wal-mart carries them) and other off brand tools. Basically every brand i've ever had has broken or worn out. The key is buying stuff with a lifetime warranty. Getting them replaced at the various stores i bought them from has never been a problem. I've even had money refunded a couple of times at advance cause the tool was inferior and should not have broken since i was using in properly and for it's intended purpose. So basically buy the tools in your price range as long as they have a lifetime warranty. If there is a harbour freight store near you they are a great store for cheap in price but good in quality stuff.
Good luck and have fun gettin greasy!!
Old 02-09-2005, 05:59 AM

I have a full husky tool set ( the one in the black chrome color) and i Love it. Good stuff
Old 02-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: (Slammd Sol)

I bought this:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr...22000

as a little starter set. Very nice kit IMO, especially for the money. Then I just pick up the larger socket sizes and tools as I need them. Got my 1/2" breaker bar and about 40" worth of extensions last weekend.

If you plan on doing any work on your car mechanically, I've made out pretty good with it so far. This + the digi-tork torque wrench and I feel pretty confident working on just about anything. Plus it comes with the multi-bit screwdriver set.

I mean, you could spend less or more, but I liked this set and what it came with, and for the price it costs.