Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help...

ok before i begin here is my setup:

B16A in a 95 EJ1

fully rebuilt block:

knifed edged crank
CTR pistons .25 OS (polished by Tom at PortFlow)
Unorthodox race pulley

head:

PortFlow head with 5 angle valve job
ITR intake valves
TODA valve springs
PortFlow ti retainers
Spoon cams and cam gears (gears set to stock)
ITR intake manifold
Spoon ventuli plate
JG 64mm tb

tranny:

GSR tranny
TODA flywheel
ACT 6 puck clutch with heavy duty pressure plate

test pipe with
P28 ecu Mugen chipped

ok with all these mods out of the way here is the problem

just got the motor back fully rebuilt and the car feels real sluggish like at low rpms say around 2500-3500 and when i floor it rpms climb really slow. i mean really slow. now i noticed that my temp gauge is always reading cold like really low almost the needle like the needle has never moved. even after driving for ours on the freeway or in traffic. but i know the temp gauge is working cause i have a manuel fan and tested it. i let the car run for a couple of mins and the needle move over the halfway mark. also i have white smoke coming out of my exhaust with a strong smell of fuel. at first ok white smoke means a blown headgasket but the motor is just been fully rebuilt. i check for sypmtons of a blown headgasket like to see if there is oil and gas mixed or oil and coolant. didnt see a milky brownish oil on the dipstick or oil cap after the car was driven after like 30 mins. check the coolant resvoir when the car was cold and after the car was warm and the levels like ok no change. but the strange thing is the car runs fine. after i broke it in i actually tested it out. launched the car around 2500-3000rpms and it took off vtec enaged and everything. but still at low rpms its sluggish i mean i know at low rpms its really hard to pick up but my car takes forever to get to higher rpms. its not a normal feeling or should i say pick. i cant come to any conclusions. i hope its not a blown headgasket. it seems maybe lack of fuel due to the cam, thinking maybe larger injectors like 270cc and FPR should helped it out but Spoon cams are not that aggressive. not sure though. or maybe dyno tune it and see what happens. its weird though my ecu reads o2 sensor and i just replace it with a new one and still reads o2. really need some help dont know what to do next. sorry for writing a story but i tried everything i could think of. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.