Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some exhaust opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some exhaust opinions

OK, here's the story, car got jacked, they took off with most of the back end of my car. They unbolted the exhaust from the axle back, so now I'm just running basically a straight pipe. It had a Tanabe Hyper-Medallion cat-back system, still have the resonator and all the piping all the way back. Since almost no one sells a decent axle back system besides DC I'm wanting opinions on what would sound good. For the most part I like the way it sounds now, its kind of deep until I'm out of the powerband. It just gets insanely high-pitched and earsplitting at higher rpms or if I have to short shift. My question is this, does anyone know of a muffler or anything that would just knock off the high volumes and pitches but still keep the throatiness that I have now in the lower rpms or at idle?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need some exhaust opinions

Originally Posted by aquafresh93
OK, here's the story, car got jacked, they took off with most of the back end of my car. They unbolted the exhaust from the axle back, so now I'm just running basically a straight pipe. It had a Tanabe Hyper-Medallion cat-back system, still have the resonator and all the piping all the way back. Since almost no one sells a decent axle back system besides DC I'm wanting opinions on what would sound good. For the most part I like the way it sounds now, its kind of deep until I'm out of the powerband. It just gets insanely high-pitched and earsplitting at higher rpms or if I have to short shift. My question is this, does anyone know of a muffler or anything that would just knock off the high volumes and pitches but still keep the throatiness that I have now in the lower rpms or at idle?
Trying to understand your post and you hate that raspy sound @ high RPMs? and like throatyness @ low RPMs? try youtubing the Apexi world sport II, other that that. . . I don't really know any other exausts that would take away raspyness, maybe a Spoon N1
Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll have to upload a sound clip. The best way I think I can put it until then is that if it were a stereo, at low volume everything sounds fine, but when you turn it up it has waaay too much treble. Does that help any?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:43 AM

You can get a Mugen Twin Loop axle back. Mine sounds great.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:35 AM

make your own axle back