Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please

dealers would rewrap them in leather, same wit the new si's. its not an option from honda tho
Old 01-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
All your info is spot on.

That's why there are different color combinations and different logos on the seats too.

Actually, the only 6G Civics to have the antenna integrated into the rear glass are the '99-'00 Civic sedans (not the GX though). All other ones had it where that car has it. That car also has the long door, meaning it's a coupe or hatch.

The seats pictured ARE Civic seats. The '99-'00 Civic Si had holes in their headrests. The reupholstered leather seats sometimes use the other style headrests without the holes.

The steering wheel appears to be a CTR or possibly an SiR wheel.

The armrest appears to be a stock Si/EX (some other trims too) armrest, probably with the Integra top on it.

I deem that car undeniably a '96-'00 Civic coupe or hatch.
Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, having owned a 99 civic sedan, I just thought that all 99-00 civics had the antenna integrated into the rear window. I also totally forgot that the SI's have the hole in the headrest similar to the integra headrest, unlike the other trims offered for the 6G civics. That steering wheel doesn't look like a CTR or SiR to me, maybe an EP3 type R wheel?, but it is hard to tell from the angle of the picture.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cinci00si
my 2000 si flameco black pearl has the k interior with factory black leather, but it came with honda logos in the seat not si logos. ive never seen another one from the factory with leather around me.

Same here. But my Si is EBP and my seats are black on the shoulders and blue on the center.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by I AM WEASEL
Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, having owned a 99 civic sedan, I just thought that all 99-00 civics had the antenna integrated into the rear window. I also totally forgot that the SI's have the hole in the headrest similar to the integra headrest, unlike the other trims offered for the 6G civics. That steering wheel doesn't look like a CTR or SiR to me, maybe an EP3 type R wheel?, but it is hard to tell from the angle of the picture.
No problem.

Everyone makes mistakes. If you're not sure, just make sure you say that.

They wheel looks like a 6G wheel to me, but I could be wrong I guess.

NACvicSi, is that your car? Can you tell us what steering wheel it is?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem.

Everyone makes mistakes. If you're not sure, just make sure you say that.

They wheel looks like a 6G wheel to me, but I could be wrong I guess.

NACvicSi, is that your car? Can you tell us what steering wheel it is?
No not my car. I thought I posted the links with the pics. The wheel looks like a 6G to me also.

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/ve...vic-si-az.html
Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
H-T White Ops

Eran has told me it is in fact a USDM EP3 steering wheel.

Apparently some of the ways to tell is the black H in the center and the cruise control.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Someone is attempting to sell the blue leather seats on the local Craigslist...they want $600! ha
Old 01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the leather on most of those seats looks hard as hell. i dont like the way they look at all and im sure the option would cost as much as ordering a set of recaros.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:28 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by hushypushy
Someone is attempting to sell the blue leather seats on the local Craigslist...they want $600! ha
The guy parting out the red Civic says he wants stock Si seats plus $500 for his (thread was linked in NACvicSi's post). That migt include the armrest and such though.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is not an SI, and that is not even a 99-00 civic as 99-00 civics have the antenna integrated into the rear window and not above the driver side door as pictured. Also, the seats pictured are not oem 96-00 civics as they don't have a hole in the headrest, they appear to be integra seats to me that the owner had reupholstered and also added an SI logo, but then again they could be reupholstered civic seats with integra headrests. The steering wheel looks like one out of an rsx or ep3.
um no. They have the antenna above the drivers side door there in that panel. And the seats dont have holes in them, I have a 97 civic and so do some of my friends and none of us have holes in the head rests..
Old 01-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is not an SI, and that is not even a 99-00 civic as 99-00 civics have the antenna integrated into the rear window and not above the driver side door as pictured. Also, the seats pictured are not oem 96-00 civics as they don't have a hole in the headrest, they appear to be integra seats to me that the owner had reupholstered and also added an SI logo, but then again they could be reupholstered civic seats with integra headrests. The steering wheel looks like one out of an rsx or ep3.
You, my friend, are totally wrong. I have a '99 EX coupe. The antenna is above the driver's door, as pictured. The Si has a hole in the headrest, as I have Si headrests in my car. My buddy has a '00 EBP Si and guess what...the antenna is in the same place as mine, as well as him having holes in his headrest...

The easiest way to tell if a Civic is an Si from the exterior, is by the rear disc brakes. Now this isn't always the case, as a lot of people are doing rear disc swaps but nonetheless, you're wrong.

OP, If you're really wanting an EBP Si with black leather, get the stock seats reupholstered, that's gonna be your best bet.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The guy parting out the red Civic says he wants stock Si seats plus $500 for his (thread was linked in NACvicSi's post). That migt include the armrest and such though.
Yeah, the guy with the blue seats says he'll include the armrest for "the right price". I can't believe anyone would pay that much money for these crappy seats though...it's way beyond me
Old 01-25-2009, 12:25 PM
H-T White Ops

Some more photos of seats I had saved.

Black Seats with Red Si Logos

Black Seats with Blue Inserts and Black H Logos

Black Seats with Blue Inserts and Red Si Logos

Black Seats with Gray Inserts and Red Si Logos

Black with Yellow Inserts and Jordan Bee Logos (From Limited Civic Jordan)

Gray with Blue Inserts and no Logos

Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by Jimster480
um no. They have the antenna above the drivers side door there in that panel. And the seats dont have holes in them, I have a 97 civic and so do some of my friends and none of us have holes in the head rests..
I AM WEASEL has already been corrected.

Of course your '97 Civic doesn't have holes in the headrests. No US Civic has holes in the headrests EXCEPT the '99-'00 Si.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mines must be pretty rare then. its off my 99 si coupe. took out because im doing dynamat

Old 01-25-2009, 12:51 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gosu08
i need a picture of a blue 2000 civic si with OEM black leather interior. i have found one a long long time ago but passed on the deal to buy it.

are these really rare? or did he do a full swap and i am stupid?
You'll never find one because there is no such thing as an "OEM" leather interior. No USDM Civic ever came with leather upholstery from the factory prior to the 2008 model year.

Any pre-2008 Civic that you see with leather upholstery on the original seats has had an aftermarket leather kit installed either by the dealer or by a previous owner. It was a common practice in 1999 and 2000 for dealerships to install Katzkin or other brand leather kits on cars prior to sale. This does not make it "OEM," because the parts were never manufactured or sold by Honda.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Si seats don't even support you very well, you might as well get some GSR leathers and be better off, with more money left in your pocket too
Old 01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by lee0149
mines must be pretty rare then. its off my 99 si coupe. took out because im doing dynamat
They're only as rare as how many upholstery shops have currently wrapped seats in those colors.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They're only as rare as how many upholstery shops have currently wrapped seats in those colors.
will i have them and the only person i know that have the same one is my friend. will looks pretty darn OEM to me. not no stick up **** from a store. LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dealers did offer leather civic seats with a hole in the headrest (as pictured). Yes every dealer that did offer this option did have it done themselves so every set of "leather" civic seats from 96-00 all look different, some have SI logos some don't some have them in the headrest some have them on the seat (as pictured). I wouldn't doubt that most of the pics above are some kind of dealer option seeing as all the dealers who provided this option had different idea's and differnt shops do the work so every set is, for the most part, different.

Last edited by b20vtec_ek4; 11-05-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: edited after reading that the original person that I was replying to had already been corrected.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sde780
Si seats don't even support you very well, you might as well get some GSR leathers and be better off, with more money left in your pocket too
X 2.....the Si seats suck leather wrapped or not! An Integra seat is by far a better upgrade!!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread makes me wanna get my em1 seats rewrapped now! thanks guys!!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
318 Curves, 11 miles

old bump is old.

But yes, EM1 seats suck especially in leather. LS or GSR seats are way better and way cheaper.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Del sol seats are the best
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by b20vtec_ek4
Dealers did offer leather civic seats with a hole in the headrest (as pictured). Yes every dealer that did offer this option did have it done themselves so every set of "leather" civic seats from 96-00 all look different, some have SI logos some don't some have them in the headrest some have them on the seat (as pictured). I wouldn't doubt that most of the pics above are some kind of dealer option seeing as all the dealers who provided this option had different idea's and differnt shops do the work so every set is, for the most part, different.
I thought that had already been covered.

It's a dealer option. Not a factory option. You can't order them from Honda, but your Honda dealership will gladly take an order for some leather wrapped seats.

All of the seats above EXCEPT the Jordan seats are dealer options. The Jordan seats are factory Honda leather seats.

Quick Reply: need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please