Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please

i need a picture of a blue 2000 civic si with OEM black leather interior. i have found one a long long time ago but passed on the deal to buy it.

are these really rare? or did he do a full swap and i am stupid?

Last edited by gosu08; 01-24-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: wanting to be more clear
Old 01-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please

Sounds like you were getting BS'd. All the Si's I have seen have the same cloth interior.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NACvicSi
Sounds like you were getting BS'd. All the Si's I have seen have the same cloth interior.
Wrong some have black leather interior..Iv'e even seen ex's with the black leather.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I simply said I never seen it. Looks like there is though.
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it was an option from the dealer. i'm pretty sure i remember NOFX said the same thing a while back to someone with the same question. she said something about the dealer sending the seats to be re-upholstered at a shop, or something along those lines.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i guess i passed up my dream car. i always and still am looking for a 2000 civic si with OEM black leather blue and stock. guess i wont be finding it anytime
Old 01-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm pretty sure you can get the stock EM1 seats re-wrapped in some good-quality leather at a good shop, and they can probably stitch the Si logo in there too.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NACvicSi
I simply said I never seen it. Looks like there is though.
That is not an SI, and that is not even a 99-00 civic as 99-00 civics have the antenna integrated into the rear window and not above the driver side door as pictured. Also, the seats pictured are not oem 96-00 civics as they don't have a hole in the headrest, they appear to be integra seats to me that the owner had reupholstered and also added an SI logo, but then again they could be reupholstered civic seats with integra headrests. The steering wheel looks like one out of an rsx or ep3.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2000 si's have the antenna over the driver door... and those r not integra seats they r civic seats but may have been rewrapped but i also heard they have a special leather seat package from the dealer.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:25 AM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by I AM WEASEL
That is not an SI, and that is not even a 99-00 civic as 99-00 civics have the antenna integrated into the rear window and not above the driver side door as pictured. Also, the seats pictured are not oem 96-00 civics as they don't have a hole in the headrest, they appear to be integra seats to me that the owner had reupholstered and also added an SI logo, but then again they could be reupholstered civic seats with integra headrests. The steering wheel looks like one out of an rsx or ep3.
Damn son, your sh*t is thorough.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:43 AM

my 2000 si flameco black pearl has the k interior with factory black leather, but it came with honda logos in the seat not si logos. ive never seen another one from the factory with leather around me.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

actually it is a 96-00 civic, as you can clearly see by the passanger side door panel, looks like they have a CTR non-srs steering wheel installed as well. but thats clearly aftermarket leather. and i would go as far to say it is an si model because it has the center armrest.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is an EK. Look at the Door handle, And the clip on the weather seal on the door. EG's did not come with them, EK's did.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:15 AM

It's too damn bad that even the leather does not keeping those seats from totally sucking.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

besides the fact that everybody has gone from discussing if the leather was oem and rare, it has now gotten to if it is a ek or eg. who cares stick to the point please.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Leather Si seats were optional from the dealer. Yes, they are rare.

Completely wrong.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:38 AM

so. my car would be "rare"? cause mine has leather and i was the only owner when we got it in 2000 from hindred honda
Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so ok its rare to have black leather. anyone with a blue si with black leather interior?

or even if you have the OEM black leather post it up!!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Wrong on both counts. My 00 civic has the antenna in that exact location, and all 99-00 Si cars had the halo headrests.

Those seats are rare, but I've seen them in person, on about 3-4 Si's locally in the past 5 years. They're exactly like the cloth 99-00 Si seats, only in leather.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yep guy local to me has an MR EM1 and it has leather, supposedly there was an option for an AEM civic with tach and an AEM intake too
Old 01-24-2009, 11:25 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DOHChatchGUY
i think it was an option from the dealer. i'm pretty sure i remember NOFX said the same thing a while back to someone with the same question. she said something about the dealer sending the seats to be re-upholstered at a shop, or something along those lines.
Originally Posted by DOHChatchGUY
i'm pretty sure you can get the stock EM1 seats re-wrapped in some good-quality leather at a good shop, and they can probably stitch the Si logo in there too.
All your info is spot on.

That's why there are different color combinations and different logos on the seats too.
Actually, the only 6G Civics to have the antenna integrated into the rear glass are the '99-'00 Civic sedans (not the GX though). All other ones had it where that car has it. That car also has the long door, meaning it's a coupe or hatch.

The seats pictured ARE Civic seats. The '99-'00 Civic Si had holes in their headrests. The reupholstered leather seats sometimes use the other style headrests without the holes.

The steering wheel appears to be a CTR or possibly an SiR wheel.

The armrest appears to be a stock Si/EX (some other trims too) armrest, probably with the Integra top on it.

I deem that car undeniably a '96-'00 Civic coupe or hatch.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I C U P

This is a set that a guy is selling locally. Factory option, he said.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seeing as I have a 99 and all my antenna is there and my seats are the same except cloth.

Originally Posted by NOFX
I deem that car undeniably a '96-'00 Civic coupe or hatch.
Ding ding, we have a winner
Attached Images     
Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I C U P

That's a lot of leather

Quick Reply: need rare (or is it?) civic pic help please