Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help wit Field vafc intsall on 93 hatch wit gsr.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help wit Field vafc intsall on 93 hatch wit gsr.

i ono sumone may read this and think what a dumbass. i never installed a vtec controller b4 but attempting to on my gsr 93 hatch. but w/e anyone make sense of these directions for me. i see where i tap into the wires but whats the male/ female connectors for.and where do they go/connect too anyone have link to any installs of a field vafc. ooo and what white wire do i splice 4 an air/fuel gauge? thanx
http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/field/sfc-vtec/x01_sfcv0h2.html
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need help wit Field vafc intsall on 93 hatch wit gsr. (h-o-n-d-a)

Refer to the obd1 pinouts,

as for installation of something electrical in the hatch you can solder on wires and use the quick connects, although I would hard solder everything and heat shrink it, do one wire at a time and verify each connection.

as for OBD1 pinouts , search the forum you should find what you need.

As for running power to the vafc I would run some wire from the fuse box under the steering wheel, theres some empty +12 lines comming off the fuse box that are not in use, I do not have photos of them, although they will be empty, I would run a low wattage fuse off that something less or around 5 watts, whatever current that vafc uses run a little bit more then that. take your time and get someone to assist you with installation.

as for the 2nd question the AF gauge, I would recommend getting a stand alone like the PLX wideband or AEM AF gauge. If you run a AF gauge off your stock 02 sensor it will work but very poorly due to the fact that a stock 02 sensor "A Narrow band" only measures a minuscule part of AF "I believe 14.1 - 15.1" dont quote me on that it reads voltage levels from .1volt to 1.0 volts however a wide band 02 sensor reads from something like 5.0:1 - 20.0:1 again dont quote me on that range, and a voltage level from .1 volt to 5.0 volts this larger sweep will give you more accurate readings when your not within that AF spec you basicly will not beable to tune acceleration without using a wideband because once you drop below 14.1:0 I believe you will be reading some solid voltage levels off the narrowband leading you to go nowhere with your tune.

If anyone has anything else to add or correct me feel free.

Good luck.

-- Something else to add, the PLX wideband kit comes with the plx unit / along with a bosch 02 sensor which has wide and narrow band output. The narrowband output would be fed into your ecu where as the wideband 02 could be fed into your ecu if you have one that supports wideband input or a AF gauge. The stock place for the wideband signal to go to is right into the plx where it displays the AF on four 7 segment leds