Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

easier instructions/diagram to wire VAFC into eg w/ GSR swap??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easier instructions/diagram to wire VAFC into eg w/ GSR swap??

As everyone knows, the instructions that come with the VAFC are very vague. I tried doing a search, but come up empty handed.
I know i posted a topic like this before under a different name to find out the same thing for a 99 grs'ed EK VAFC wiring diagram. I got lucky and someone knew what i was talking about.
What im looking for is something simple, like,, take the pink wire from the VAFC and connect it to the black/yellow wire of the ECU side wiring. Something simple with color codes. I will know what wires are what when it comes down to the additional wires i have to add, which i think VTEC Solenoid would be the only one youll wire into the VAFC that isnt factory.
i am running a chipped p28 with a skunk2 mani (no stock ******* GSR mani!!) thanks to all that help me out!
-james
Old 09-17-2003, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: easier instructions/diagram to wire VAFC into eg w/ GSR swap?? (SofaKing)

I am in the process of making a more user friendly diagram for V-AFC installations, but here ya go:

V-AFC Installation (OBD1)

The following you SPLICE into the wire (do NOT cut the wire):

V-AFC Power:

- Red wire splice into the A25 pinout (Yel/Blk wire)
- Orange wire splice into the A25 pinout (Yel/Blk wire)

V-AFC Ground:

- Brown wire splice into the D22 (Grn/Wht wire) *make sure you splice this closer than the Black wire
- Black wire splice into the D22 (Grn/Wht wire)

V-AFC RPM Signal: Green wire splice into the (I forgot the wire you splice to at the ECU, I am currently checking back with a friend I installed this into)..
V-AFC Throttle Signal: Gray wire splice to the D11 (Red/Blk wire)

The following you CUT the wire leading to the ECU, wire it from the sensor to the V-AFC, then from the V-AFC to the ECU:

V-AFC VTEC Solenoid hookup:

- Purple wire to the A4 pinout (Grn/Yel wire going to the ECU)
- Pink wire to the VTEC Solenoid (Grn/Yel wire going to the Solenoid)

V-AFC VTEC Oil Pressure hookup:

- Yellow wire to the D6 pinout (Blu/Blk wire going to the ECU)
- White wire to the VTEC Pressure switch (Blu/Blk wire going to the sensor)

For the BLUE wire on the V-AFC, I don`t believe it is used unless you have a Wideband O2. But I could be incorrect.

HTH man.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:42 PM

Default Re: easier instructions/diagram to wire VAFC into eg w/ GSR swap?? (poison)

hell yes, thanks. For the RPM signal, i remember the factory color as blue or green, im gonna check my manual right now. hopefully be able to come back and edit it in here. thanks!

EDIT: the manual shows it as a solid blue wire, the wire can be found at the back of the TACH (behind cluster) and at the distributor, i guess the smaller dizzy plug has this blue wire. As to what color it is down at the ECU, i dont know, my freind with his ITR is comming over tonight, im gonna take a peep at his...
Old 09-17-2003, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: easier instructions/diagram to wire VAFC into eg w/ GSR swap?? (SofaKing)

Ya, I do know that you can hook it up to the Tach lead which is the Blue wire leading from your distributor to your Gauge cluster, but I remember hooking my friend`s up right by the ECU -- I just can`t remember which pinout it was.

Old 10-02-2003, 11:32 PM

Default Re: easier instructions/diagram to wire VAFC into eg w/ GSR swap?? (poison)

thanks poison, finally wired that sucker in, and it worked. The RPM Signal is a red wire w/ black strip, i forgot what plug/#, i left my diagram in the garage. The only thing that varied from what you posted above is the throttle sensor,, on the wiring by the ecu is pink with a black stripe, not red with black stripe.. at least on my car it was that way,,, wierd. Up on the TPS it is red/blk,,, go figure. anyhow, just sayin thanks and its running great.
-jimbo