Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help will trade for work done

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help will trade for work done

I have a Honda Civic. The body is a 1996, I have put all new outside parts from a 2000 Si. This is a project that is so close I can feel the speeding ticket. Anyways what I need is for the dash to be pulled. The Hondata Stage 3 yes stage 3 I know it's out dated. I have not upgraded it yet. I need the Hondata unistalled and reinstalled. I have a Viper alarm as well. The reason for the dash pull is I have a complete 2000 dash from my last car with all the wiring. I want to put my Si A/C in and remove the old stuff. I have everything. All the inside stuff is out of the car. I also need the steering column switched. For this I will trade my Glock 33 .357sig with IWB holster and cleaning stuff. It has tri-tanium night sites. You must be 21, no felony's, no assaults. You have to know what you are doing as you cannot **** my **** up!!! I live in Little Elm, TX which is right next to Frisco, TX. The guy that built this car cannot work on it till May. I cannot wait till then. I do not expect this to be done in 1 day. Work must be done at my house.

Thanks,
Brandon
brandon_taylor23@yahoo.com

Last edited by byebyeV8; 12-23-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help will trade for work done

Originally Posted by byebyeV8
For this I will trade my Glock 33 .357sig with IWB holster and cleaning stuff.
Oh man. Sorry this is weird to me...being in Canada and all. Definitely doesn't make me doubt you live in Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I have many guns secured in a room in my basement, but they are for hunting and recreation. Trading a firearm for car parts or car work is straight out ****ed up.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to offend anyone but the whole idea makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 PM

I know it's messed up but I want my car done and have nothing else to give up that is worth the work
Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd help you but im in cali.
and yea i agree with andoxviii
but i understand your need.

i would just put up a thread asking for D.I.Y info.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol only if you were in Wi or I was in Texas..
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hes not that far from me what year civic do you have
edit nevermind im not 21 yet not til next april lol
Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Someone has to be able to help me. I really need this done. Tell your friends that are able to do the work and are 21 or older and qualify with the rest of the rules
Old 12-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a buddy in killeen thats 24 ill see if he will do it
Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 AM

That is far, He is out by Waco. It's like a hours drive if not longer. But if he is willing I am all about it
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andoxviii
Oh man. Sorry this is weird to me...being in Canada and all. Definitely doesn't make me doubt you live in Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I have many guns secured in a room in my basement, but they are for hunting and recreation. Trading a firearm for car parts or car work is straight out ****ed up.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to offend anyone but the whole idea makes me sick to my stomach.
Don't get me wrong, but you're an idiot.

The hell is the actual difference between selling your gun, trading it for that uselessly backed promissory note we call "money" - and trading it for something that you can actually use?

You're sick to your stomach? Really?

Then it would make you hurl to know I've both BOUGHT and SOLD handguns, LEGALLY. Yeah, I know, I'm right up there with Adolf.

As long as the guns are legally purchased, I see absolutely no problem in what the opt wants to do. You go explain to me, one damn difference in the following:
- Trading a legally registered hand gun worth $600 to a person for $600 in labor
- Giving a person $600 for his labor, him going to the store, and buying said $600 gun

There is not a single fundamental difference in the outcome except the buyer had to waste more gas going to the gun store.

You're reasoning is WAY beyond flawed.

NOW, if the OP stated that he wanted to sell you these hand guns in return for labor that he bought from a dirty cop who sold you confiscated weapons that were used to start gang wars, that's a completely different story.

I'll even put this to you another way so maybe even you will understand it:
Guns are a form of equity, legal equity, you can get insurance on them, great deal. Now, I think it's bullshit to claim that you can sell some aspects of your equity and not others. How should you be able to sell a laptop which I can give to any of the NSSA graduate students (who I hate, but whatever) at my college RIT and they can/have hacked into public businesses via wireless, both for kicks, and for stealing - so what is the damn difference between selling somebody a laptop who can do that, or selling somebody a hand gun in trade for labor? You can commit crimes with both of them. Sure, you can't kill with a laptop, but does that mean i shouldn't be allowed to sell a nail gun either?

If it's your equity, and you earned it legally, you should be allowed to sell it.

And holy ****, you are allowed to sell it!

So while the idea may make you and your family sick to your stomachs that there's people running around selling legally purchased handguns in a completely legitimate way, the US Gov't allows it, and Tx is about the most liberal about guns state in the entire US - so they def. allow it.

Think realistically before you talk. Not all guns are bad like in the movies.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with Syndacate. Guns are not bad, people are bad. Anyway, this is not the forum to solicit something. We have a marketplace for that and the mods will move you there.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 PM

First I will not give my firearm to just anybody. There are means to check a person out and see if they are by law aloud to own a firearm. I am not a idiot, just cause I trade labor for a firearm does not mean anything. People trade guns everyday. It would be no different if I sold the gun to someone. I can check with my police friends if a person is wanted and if so that would kinda suck cause then they would have to arrest him. I understand part were you are coming from, but it bothers me that you go through all that to try and make a point. If you are so against what I am doing then you send me the money I need and will take the car to a shop and let them charge a arm and a leg to do the work. And just cause I trade my gun in no way means that a crime will be committed. There are people with guns that do not look at them as power. So if you would like to help me and send cash, I think about $2000.00 should get me where I need to be. That will get the left over parts painted and replace all the small stuff I need. I would love to have shows that do this stuff for free do it for me. I do not have a good sob story and don't live in California.