Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP w/ AUTOMETER A/F GAUGE!!! PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP w/ AUTOMETER A/F GAUGE!!! PLEASE!

alright heres my problem, i have a 93 EG cx with a 95 LS motor with a obd1 p75 ecu. i have already tapped the + and - wire for the power and that goes ok and the light is on. then i tried tapping the purple wire (which is the air/fuel wire) to the white wire on my engine harness right near the clip where it connects to my 02 sensor, the gauge completely turns off, no light showing whatsoever. i then try tapping that purple wire to the white/red wire on my ecu but it does the same. then i try tapping it again to the solid white wire on my ecu, SAME problem. the power wires keep the power on but once the purple wire is connected to something, the light turns off and the gauge is completely off!!! the light jumps back n forth if i was to barely touch the purple wire to the o2 wire with just 1 strand of wire but i doubt that has to do with anything....

can someone help me out? and what color is the EXACT o2 sensor wire on an obd1 p75 LS ecu??? any specific gauged wire i have to use? the wire i am using to connect my a/f gauge is i think a 16 gauge wire...LET ME KNOW GUYS!! please help me!!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NEED HELP w/ AUTOMETER A/F GAUGE!!! PLEASE! (wutiteez)

The O2 will not cause the christmas lights to work, unless it is properly heated up. So once you wire it, start the car and let it warm up, then check the gauge.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP w/ AUTOMETER A/F GAUGE!!! PLEASE! (my_slow_civic)

Uh... please tell me you're not hooking this up to your stock 02.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP w/ AUTOMETER A/F GAUGE!!! PLEASE! (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh... please tell me you're not hooking this up to your stock 02.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's all the autometer light bar is good for.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my_slow_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's all the autometer light bar is good for. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Some cars come equipped from the factory with widebands, and being as they're universal... I'm sure you get where I'm going with this.

Hey uh... wuititeez, don't waste your time. The light is going to bounce around like a **** and look stupid and be really annoying.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP w/ AUTOMETER A/F GAUGE!!! PLEASE! (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some cars come equipped from the factory with widebands, and being as they're universal... I'm sure you get where I'm going with this.

Hey uh... wuititeez, don't waste your time. The light is going to bounce around like a **** and look stupid and be really annoying.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what you're saying. But its a 93 CX, with a LS motor in it.....

The lights are good for the night rider effect.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The light is going to bounce around like a **** and look stupid and be really annoying.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've got the same problem - sell the gauge! Anybody have any experiance with the Pyrometer/EGT from Autometer? I've got an older one (with the little ecu box) and it's not working properly...
Old 12-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Trial User

**** is trippy! i got the gauge for free so expletive it haha i hooked it up to an orange/black wire on my ecu wires and it finally lights up, the only problem is about 6 or 7 red and orange lights are stuck and doesnt move. the lights dont bounce back n forth.... could it be another wire near this orange/black wire? i believe this wire is the o2 sensor heater wire.