Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i have a 97 civic ex you know d16y8. so a couple of week ago im get on the highway and i was close to a wall and i heard a screeching. But i didnt know yet that it was coming from my car.

Then i started noticing that the screeching noise was coming from my car (damn sub to loud) but yeah. then! i notice it only screeched when i hit 5,500 rpm's. But no engine check light or Maintenance light either. so was like no big deal.

wrong mistake now its like a screeching screaming whistle noise from hell (even the two 12" cant block it out )

and it starts that hell noise (ill call it) at 4,000 rpm's and sometime 3,500 rpm's

i took my cold air intake off and saw two tiny hole so i patch them up took it for a run WRONG again hell nosie here to stay.

then my car started ilding funny sound like its going to cut off on me when (im stopped and sometimes driving)!!! !!!!!
and my car struggles like hell to get up a steep hill it wouldnt go pass 35 mph peddle to da floor

then my car felt like something was wrong with the spark plugs like i dont know a mis-fire or something so i went to da source. da distributer rotor was probably burned out again. found out it was change it but what do u know hell noise is still here.

so try to find out what it is park da car put it in "N" rev and rev no noise but when i reved it hard heard it at about 5,000-6,500 but cant find where its coming from help plez its getting really annoying

thanks

Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP (dillonsi)

my head hurts from reading that...

are you saying you have a screetching noise

and

your car feels like theres a loss of power.

i could be wrong but they might not go hand in hand. i would say even if there is no CEL you should take your car some where and have them run a check engine diagnostic. if you feel like its misfiring then you would definately have a CEL tho.

have you had this car for a while? has it been in your family? any background on it.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP (dividedas1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dividedas1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my head hurts from reading that...

are you saying you have a screetching noise

and

your car feels like theres a loss of power.

i could be wrong but they might not go hand in hand. i would say even if there is no CEL you should take your car some where and have them run a check engine diagnostic. if you feel like its misfiring then you would definately have a CEL tho.

have you had this car for a while? has it been in your family? any background on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I agree, that's basically what I got out of his post, as well.

Though nobody's going to be able to help you with that diagnosis - you can't even formula a logical sentence none-the-less attempt to use grammar.

Not to mention you seem like everything that makes people hate civics (stock motor with an automatic trans and bass that's way too big - ya feel me, doggg?).

Video tape the noise or something, because you suck at explaining, I'm not sure what a "screeching" noise is, probably a belt or something, also, try to figure out where it's coming from.

I feel like I got a hangover after reading that post.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:52 AM

Default Re: need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP (Syndacate)

ya the loud noise probally is a belt or something, especially if the car is making the noise all the time. a few of my friends have cars with noisy belts and their cars sound like **** when they are driving them... loud as f.

to the op you should probally just take your car to a reputable shop some where. If you cant figure out where the noise is coming from maybe you should let someone else take a look, because like i said earlier if your car sounds like its misfiring there is probally something really wrong with your car. if its what i suspect (you dropped a cylinder or maybe a few, or the valves are f'd) then perhaps its time for a swap, maybe get rid of that Auto trans cause driving an auto civic is soooo gay

lol and Syndacate, he did say he had an intake thats like what 120 hp to the rear wheels right? lol nothing wrong with bass tho my hatch actually sounds pretty good on the inside with out being loud on the out.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP (dividedas1)

Happened to me years back.

Go buy a rebuilt dizzy, and replace yours.

If you pull your dizzy cap you'll see a brown dust in there.

It's the bearing.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:51 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help!! screeching screaming noise!!!! HELP HELP HELP (dillonsi)

Dude its your VTEC!!!!