Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help Passing Pennsylvania Emissions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Help Passing Pennsylvania Emissions (aalb1)

not all counties in pennsylvania have emissions. go to a county that doesnt
Old 08-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help Passing Pennsylvania Emissions (postman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by postman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not all counties in pennsylvania have emissions. go to a county that doesnt </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is true, however you have to have your car inspected for the county you live in. If your address is in a county that requires emissions, like Cumberland, you have to pass.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help Passing Pennsylvania Emissions (Specail Ed)

true,but it would be a good get out story if u did get pulled over
Old 08-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (delslo93)

what i dont understand is this:

the county next to me can have no cat, no exhuast for that matter, cause they have no emissions. but we have to so how does a few miles make a diffrence in pollution? desiel trucks make wayyyy more pollution than we would. me not running a cat isnt going to ruin the enviroment so all you hippy tree huggers can kiss my open downpipes ***
Old 08-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (FuNkDrSpOt)

2hp for no cat? I'm running Forced Induction not NA. Think again about HP gains. Plus my wife's SUV spits out more emissions than my car without a cat.

But just put yourself in my shoes for a second. Lets say you dump in $4000 worth of parts into your car along with the headache of putting it together. Then you get it tuned specifically for you set up. And then you move to a place where you have to reverse everthing just for 365 days. Then after those 365 you can do whatever you wish with you car??????

It's a lot easier said than done.

Anyway. I got a PO Box in Monroe County, they have no emissions laws. I switched my registration to that county. And I'm perfectly legal!

SO ALL YOU TREE HUGGERS FACE IT!
1. I'm not running a cat
2. I'm perfectly legal
3. I'm running more power than you!!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:49 PM

*sigh*

People like you are the reason they make laws so strict. And they are strict for good reason. But H-T is not a place that inspires much respect for anything, much less the environment. In Tokyo they have so much pollution there are emergency air stations all over the place, there is just so much crap from peoples' cars and businesses that O2 levels are at 6% and it is hard to live breathing only that. But it is okay, I don't need more power blah blah blah look how fast I am to show off and feel good about myself. Good luck with your life though.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xfrankx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xfrankx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what i dont understand is this:

the county next to me can have no cat, no exhuast for that matter, cause they have no emissions. but we have to so how does a few miles make a diffrence in pollution? desiel trucks make wayyyy more pollution than we would. me not running a cat isnt going to ruin the enviroment so all you hippy tree huggers can kiss my open downpipes *** </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because the county next to you doesnt have rules doesnt make it right. WTF is so hippy tree hugging about wanting clean air. 1 or 2 people with no cat- no there isnt much of an issue but its the same thing with littering or car theft. Basically ANYTHING bad can be marginalized by saying, 'im only one person'. 10% of cars produce 50% of the polution, and your cat helps more than you think.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aalb1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aalb1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2hp for no cat? I'm running Forced Induction not NA. Think again about HP gains. Plus my wife's SUV spits out more emissions than my car without a cat.

But just put yourself in my shoes for a second. Lets say you dump in $4000 worth of parts into your car along with the headache of putting it together. Then you get it tuned specifically for you set up. And then you move to a place where you have to reverse everthing just for 365 days. Then after those 365 you can do whatever you wish with you car??????

It's a lot easier said than done.

Anyway. I got a PO Box in Monroe County, they have no emissions laws. I switched my registration to that county. And I'm perfectly legal!

SO ALL YOU TREE HUGGERS FACE IT!
1. I'm not running a cat
2. I'm perfectly legal
3. I'm running more power than you!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well seeing as how I, being the 'labeled tree hugger', understand that my children will have children and will one day want to breathe air, I would have never taken off that crap to begin with. Your wife's car has a bigger engine and more displacement. Bigger engines = more polution in 90% of all cars. If you had to fake an address to be 'legal', your not legal, period. You can run so much power that your skin melts off when you floor it and i would care less. Why dont you see a psychiatrist or get some ***** pills so you feel more manly, maybe next time you wont have to brag about 'power' to compensate for other small things.

And please people, stop with the 'tree hugger' b.s.. There's nothing tree hugging about understanding how polution impacts ALL of our health. If you dont understand that and you still want to point labels, consider yourself the first to be labeled an idiot
Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: (FuNkDrSpOt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well seeing as how I, being the 'labeled tree hugger', understand that my children will have children and will one day want to breathe air, I would have never taken off that crap to begin with. Your wife's car has a bigger engine and more displacement. Bigger engines = more polution in 90% of all cars. If you had to fake an address to be 'legal', your not legal, period. You can run so much power that your skin melts off when you floor it and i would care less. Why dont you see a psychiatrist or get some ***** pills so you feel more manly, maybe next time you wont have to brag about 'power' to compensate for other small things.

And please people, stop with the 'tree hugger' b.s.. There's nothing tree hugging about understanding how polution impacts ALL of our health. If you dont understand that and you still want to point labels, consider yourself the first to be labeled an idiot</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank goodness someone else around here has some sense.