Need help/opinion about suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/opinion about suspension

I own a 93 honda del sol si

-i want to lower the car but im not sure what i should use
-I was goin to get skunk2 adjustable coilovers but people iknow say there not worth it
-other people are telling me to get ground control
-and others saying just get lowering springs

wht is the best way into this, should I invest into a camber kit aswell? im tryin to get the best out of my suspension
Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help/opinion about suspension (Jason P)

Personally, I would go GC but that is because I know people who have them and are happy with them (ordering mine this week). It all depends on how picky you are about performance and if you want to change the height later. If you buy springs, your stuck and SOL if you don't like the ride height.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have skunk2 coilovers with skunk2 sport shocks.. The ride quality is quite high on smooth roads, but as soon as you hit any real uneven roads or pot-holes, you'll wish you had a less stiff suspension setup.. Overall for daily driving, it could be a little softer, but it makes up for the lack of smoothness in certain situations in cornering...
Old 02-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a big fan of lowering springs. Everyone I know with coil overs just ends up dumping there car so low it just looks ridicules. Sure it looks good but they don't consider that once u get past a certain height you car starts to handle worse. I like springs also because you know the car is at a certain height and you don't have to worry about adjusting and readjusting. Most lowering spring company's make springs that complement the cars handling ability. I have Eibach Sportline lowering springs on my civic. Sure its not dumped but with some new shocks and strut bars. It handles excellent. The car looks good and with a rear camber kit (which every lowered civic needs) you wouldn't even know the car was lowered if you didn't know better. I got stock rims on 50 series tires and i get complements all the time.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:14 PM

ground control is decent, but if you're looking to lower the car and that's all, just get some quality lowering springs and call it a day. it kinda depends on what you're going to use the car for. and as stated before, a camber kit is a must.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My del sol is a daily driver, but Im looking for the best quality i can get. build up my car slowly. So something I buy now I wont have to worry about later.

my del sol is at stock height i just want to lower another 2 inchs 2.5.

Thanks everyone for your opinion! if you have anymore feedback itd be great
Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM

So are you open to the idea of a one-piece coilover? Or are you just looking for a nice coilover (or spring)/strut combo?

If open to the idea of one-pieces, I would reccommed the Tein SS coilovers. They are fairly priced, have a wide range of height adjustability, they have dampening adjustsments, and its made by TEIN for pete's sake
Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.PLUMMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .PLUMMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So are you open to the idea of a one-piece coilover? Or are you just looking for a nice coilover (or spring)/strut combo?

If open to the idea of one-pieces, I would reccommed the Tein SS coilovers. They are fairly priced, have a wide range of height adjustability, they have dampening adjustsments, and its made by TEIN for pete's sake </TD></TR></TABLE>

tell me more? i sound interested. wat is the price range tein ss coilovers run for?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jason P)

2 to 2 1/2 inches.... Just get the Eibach Sportline. Cheap Simple and they got a lifetime warranty. Great Springs. Get some new shocks too. I just got some KYB GR2 shocks all the way around and I know they are not the best out there, but cost wise, they are some of the best for the money. Also very good warranty. You may not care about a warranty now. but when something breaks you wish you had. Keep all stock parts you pull off the car. It may not seem important now. but if you ever total it or wanna sell it. those after market parts arnt worth any more than the stock parts to 99% of people or insurance company's. Good Luck with your ride.