Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help, my dash guages stopped working. fuse problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help, my dash guages stopped working. fuse problem?

Hey guys,
I was at my friends shop putting in my ITR LCA's yesterday and while i had the car there i decided to move my alarm receiver from the dash to my sunvisor. and it had the wires wrapped up so i pulled the alarm box down a bit so i can loosen the wire and move it higher. and i think a while later my friend was checking to see if all my fuses were working because i told him my horn wasnt working.. so then he checked them and said he had accidentally popped out a fuse and didnt know where from so he put it back but not in the right spot.

when i was leaving i turned on the car and everything lit up but my noticed my RPM guage wasnt working ..neither was my speedo.. fuel or temp. or my dash clock nor my turn signals .. everything else works and the dash cluster even lites up ..im not sure if i pulled out a plug by mistake when messing with the alarm or my friends fuse dilemma is what caused it..

anyone have any clue on what the prob is? sorry for the long post. i didnt have the fuse chart with me to check at the time so i will see to it today but wanted opinions on the issue.. thanks.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help, my dash guages stopped working. fuse problem? (chameleon)

anyone?
Old 12-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Help, my dash guages stopped working. fuse problem? (chameleon)

try vehicle speed sensor fuse under dash.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is fuse under the dash that is called a BACKUP fuse.. if you pull this fuse it will do exactly what you are describing, it stops the speedo, lights etc.. just plug it back in, i think its a 7.5amp fuse.. if i wasnt in my boxers ready to go sleep after a long at work i would go out and see exactly where it goes.. im pretty sure its on the bottom row of fuses towards the steering column..
Old 12-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help, my dash guages stopped working. fuse problem? (95CivicEX)

there is fuse under the dash that is called a BACKUP fuse.. if you pull this fuse it will do exactly what you are describing, it stops the speedo, lights etc.. just plug it back in, i think its a 7.5amp fuse.. if i wasnt in my boxers ready to go sleep after a long at work i would go out and see exactly where it goes.. im pretty sure its on the bottom row of fuses towards the steering column..
yeah, thanks man, found this out earlier today. my friend had put it back in the spot above that where nothing really goes.. once i put it back in everything came back to life.. soooo relieved!