Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help on a gsr tranny and diff.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on a gsr tranny and diff.

after replacing my axles on my eg i took the car for a test drive and the car started shaking bad.So i go under the car and theres nothing wrong.So i turn on the car and put it on first gear and let the tires spin.the driver side axle spinned with no problem but the passenger side would turn a little bit and the stop and then try to move and stop.I also noticed that the male part of the shaft that goes into the tranny would woble a bit and yes the axle was all the way in.so i turn off the car and i rotate the axle with my hand and as soon as i did the motor would move a bit back and foward like when you have bad motor mounts. then i took off the axle which had no problems at all,anb i dont know if there is suppose to be any play in the part of the diff where the teeth of the axle go into. because i put my finger in there and i tried rotating it and it had a little play. now another thing is when i drive the car it only vibrates when i drive straight or turn to the right but if i go left it feels smooth.is or if i drive slow there is no shaking or if i go at a constant 75-80mph theres no shaking.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: need help on a gsr tranny and diff. (aser1z)

i guarantee the axle came apart internally as you put it in. B series axles are very sensitive to this. I had the same problem. The axle rotates and moves up and down as it rotates, right? Either open up your axle to rebuild it (PAIN IN THE ***!!) or get a different one, and be VERY careful putting it not to pull on the axle at all.

Rebuilt non honda axles are worse for this problem. I returned mine and replaced with OEM (used) axles with a lot of success.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help on a gsr tranny and diff. (B serious)

well im getting new ones again through warranty.ill see if it makes a difference