Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Need Help ASAP!

Alright I'm straight confused and out of time right now. I installed a new intake mani and tb on my b16 civic, kept stock fuel rail and injectors, installed aftermarket FPR, and the FITV is gone. Once I had everything hooked up and tweaked to the way it was prior, I started the car and it went nuts. I have two codes one for TPS which was already there and one for IACV, Idk why that one came up. The car bounces off 2krpm with the IACV unplugged and won't respond to throttle input at all. When I take off in first it again won't respond to throttle input still but it will sound fine until it hits just under 2k then it bounces. I got it into fifth and it'll do about 38mph bouncing, I'll downshift to third and the revs will jump up as they should, but again no throttle response, and it'll just wind down and down as the speed drops till it hits 2k again then bouncy bouncy. If I plug IACV in, and start the car it holds idle at ****in 5k, not cool. I thought it may be the IACV malfunctioning, so I unbolted it, and plugged the two holes that it uses, same thing, revved to 5k. So the only thing I'm thinking right now is there is an air leak past the throttle body somewhere. But I installed a new gasket on the mani, so it's not leaking from there. I know this because coolant runs through that gasket and none is leaking anywhere. I have a new gasket on the tb, and all excess vacuum nipples are either plugged or in use. I have my fuel pressure regulator calibrated properly back to stock. But again it's confusing. Another thing to add is that for some reason when I'm for example in fifth gear and the speed is going up and the revs aren't bouncing yet, the brake pedal gets really stiff, but when I have the clutch depressed and the revs are bouncing the brakes feel and function fine. I thought about putting larger injectors in but I opted out because I was at a friends house and would have to tune it, something I'm not completely familiar with. I do have a chipped ECU and haven't pulled up any info from datalogger yet. I'm at a complete loss for words right now and any help in me figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help ASAP!

did you flip the map and tp s sensor wires or are the injectors wires in the right order
Old 12-23-2011, 10:20 PM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you didn't switch the wires to the mani
Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No wires are switched, the rail and injectors were removed as one piece and I never disconnected the harness, so there's nothing to go wrong there to my knowledge
Old 12-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everything was hooked back up as it should be, again no electrical components were changed. It's almost as if there's a pocket of air in the coolant system, but the lack of throttle response doesn't justify that. The TPS isn't so far off calibration that it would cause absolutely no response. When I plug the IACV in, the rpms jump to 5k on start, then die back to 800, then right back up again. And it's weird cuz my ECU is chipped and I have launch control engaged so when the vehicle isn't in motion the revs should never go higher than launch control, which is set at 4400. Again I haven't had a chance to hook up a datalogger yet, I'm about to do that now, so I'll see if I can see anything amiss with that. If the IACV just went out, I still don't believe it would be causing all of this mayhem.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Thread titles MUST summarize the tech problem so that members browsing titles can easily understand the problem without reading the post -- Title edited.