Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need advice (accident)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice (accident)

i just got hit by some lady last night. we were at a stop sign and she decides to put her car in reverse without looking first and backs up right into my front bumper. now the paint is all chipping and i have a dent. so we parked and i asked to exchange information, and it turned out she didn't have her drivers license or insurance information on her. she wasn't even driving her car, it was her boyfriend's. i should have called the cops but i didn't, dont know why. instead, i got her home phone number, her cell number, and her boyfriends number and the license plate number on the vehicle. today i tried calling her and there was no answer so i left a message last night and she hasn't returned my call, so im beginning to think she's trying to get away with it. what should i do!?!?? stupid women drivers that dont pay attention
Old 05-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need advice (donut.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just got hit by some lady last night. we were at a stop sign and she decides to put her car in reverse without looking first and backs up right into my front bumper. now the paint is all chipping and i have a dent. so we parked and i asked to exchange information, and it turned out she didn't have her drivers license or insurance information on her. she wasn't even driving her car, it was her boyfriend's. i should have called the cops but i didn't, dont know why. instead, i got her home phone number, her cell number, and her boyfriends number and the license plate number on the vehicle. today i tried calling her and there was no answer so i left a message last night and she hasn't returned my call, so im beginning to think she's trying to get away with it. what should i do!?!?? stupid women drivers that dont pay attention </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get a police report right away. Did you get his/her vin, registration and insurance info? If not I would call your insurance company to see if they can find out her info or her boyfriends so you completely fill out the report. In New York you're allowed 30 days to file a police report, not sure about your state.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: need advice (saxqtzk)

The plate number should be enough, file a hit-and-run report on the plate and description of the driver.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: need advice (saxqtzk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxqtzk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get a police report right away. Did you get his/her vin, registration and insurance info? If not I would call your insurance company to see if they can find out her info or her boyfriends so you completely fill out the report. In New York you're allowed 30 days to file a police report, not sure about your state.</TD></TR></TABLE>

readings owns you buddy , only info he got is numbers and license plate number.. yea i suggest you do it quik, but ou shouldve called the cops
Old 05-14-2005, 01:22 PM
PDM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just got hit by some lady last night. we were at a stop sign and she decides to put her car in reverse without looking first and backs up right into my front bumper. now the paint is all chipping and i have a dent. so we parked and i asked to exchange information, and it turned out she didn't have her drivers license or insurance information on her. she wasn't even driving her car, it was her boyfriend's. i should have called the cops but i didn't, dont know why. instead, i got her home phone number, her cell number, and her boyfriends number and the license plate number on the vehicle. today i tried calling her and there was no answer so i left a message last night and she hasn't returned my call, so im beginning to think she's trying to get away with it. what should i do!?!?? stupid women drivers that dont pay attention </TD></TR></TABLE>

How many times has this been discussed. You file a police report ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!!!!! Never say "ok i'll cut you some slack just give me your number and pay me". If someone is dumb enough to drive without license and insurance the chances are they will try to screw you out of your money too. Guess what youre pretty much fucked now. You cant call your insurance because "hey I tried to make an under the table claim that failed, now give me money" doesnt fly with them. The reason for filing a police report is so the Officer can SEE the damage and RECORD the outcome and who is responsible as a way of proof. Id file something soon because if she was smart she would call the police and say YOU hit her and YOU RAN. She would get away with everything and you would get fucked for hit and run because you never called it in, Which makes you look like the guilty one.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need advice (PDM)

okay, calm down, i already know she's gonna try to **** me over. but i have the license plate number, i just found out i could goto the dmv and submit it and they'll give me the insurance information so i could report it. i called the police and its too late to make a report so i have to just go through the insurance now. she can file a hit and run but i have a witness
Old 05-14-2005, 01:57 PM

Could be very difficult without a police report....Usually that is a requirement in an accident case...
Old 05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: need advice (DBLAZE)

Forreal. Either have them pay up on the spot and avoid dealing with insurance or call the cops.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need advice (chowmien)

Old 05-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you are fuc$ed, ALLWAYS GET A REPORT!!!!