Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my turn at an eg build

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my turn at an eg build

All I can really say about this...is its my turn to have one. I've wanted one of these cars since I was 5, I just recently turned 21. It's more than likely gonna be something you've seen or had or driven a million times. But it's mine and that's all that matters. I've been through my ups and downs with my 3 other cars and this car in the 5 and a half months that I've owned it. But it's really come along way, especially in the last month or so. I guess some stuff about the car... I bought it in March from a 40ish y.o man with another civic with a k swap and a family so he had his other priorities. Got it for a decent price of 2500 considering it being a 1992 si and the shape it was in. Quarters and rockers are good, tiny bit of surface rust. The nighthawk black paint (I think that's it) is good no fade or anything, typical scratches for black car though. All stock and some goodies the previous owner put on front and rear skunk2 camber kit, integra brakes/stainless lines and skunk2 shocks and hr sport springs and clean si/sir/em1 rims. Little did I know the driver side floor and distributor needed replacing. Besides those 2 things the car is about 7/10. In July I got the distributor and floor replaced. I had other priorities so the civic had to go on the back burner for a bit. But now she is up and running and good. They'res a few spots on the car were water leaks in so I'm in the process of fixing those. So in the meantime she sits in the garage waiting. That's about it for right now. It's really late I'm kinda tired so sorry if it seemed like I was jumping around just trying to quickly cover the bases about the car haha. ill upload pictures tomorow and more exciting stuff to come!! Sorry for all the reading

My intentions for the car is to eventually some day auto x, track and have a reliable street setup. Definately gonna have a mix of track parts, street stuff, parts/stuff you can debate wether they're needed or not and a few other surprises lol. Not expecting it to come together over night. So be patient with me.

Last edited by toyomatt84; 09-03-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my turn at an eg build

Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres the pictures I promised. The day I brought it home from the garage completely fixed up. I couldn't even describe how happy I was that day. Parked next to my daily

I got to work right away. I changed out the Sir/SI/em1 wheels to my Fittipaldis so I could at least have 4 matching rims. The Fittipaldis don't clear my brake setup, so I bought 3mm spacers. Just needs more low.

Later that day I swapped out the Koni Yellows/Neuspeed springs from my old 01 integra for the Skunk2 HR sping setup already on the car.

End result

While doing all that I had picked up a NRG quick release, so I could put my dads old momo wheel to use

Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Took my fenders off to diagnose my water leak problem

The cars not on the road until next year, so I got time to fix this properly .. It's just a bitch that it's a bunch of little things wrong with it.

Picked up a bunch of goodies. I don't care that they're not really needed yet but I had to spoil myself and the car

Teaser of whats to come

BAM F7 arms and brace.. sway bar coming soon. didn't have enough to get it that same day. I have a 17mm eibach bar, but its too small to use and pointless with the brace, spoon rep spoiler and got the steering on

It's a very bad picture but later that night after I had put that stuff on and put my fenders back on, my dad was curious to see if it handled better than his hatch did back in the day. So I took a crappy rolling ****. I was surprised to see how bright the control arms and brace are. hahaha

He was impressed at how well it corned, and I told him that's without the sway bar
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I tried to post most of that stuff in order of it happening. They're are still quite a few blanks I want to cover and fill you guys in on though.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another important fact of all this I guess I forgot was, my dad owned a 92 civic back in the late 90s and he had it done up also. The same Konis I have on the car now and the same Momo steering wheel and the Fittipaldis. Well he crashed it one day, and tried to save as many parts as he could. I promised one day I would buy a eg/eh hatch of my own so I could use those parts. Well here I am. lol