Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 05:04 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got...

Okay here is my setup on my four door 99 Civic...

Maxspeed Coilovers (oooo cheap), at 2.75 inches all around
and
Progress Camber Kit
Tokico Blues....

but debating on upgrading to.....

Neuspeed Race/wit Koni Yellows ( will it be as low as I am currently)
or
Full coilovers Progress, any more affordable full coilover comapnies?
Old 11-28-2001, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (azn_outlaw)

yes, you should.

blues suck...and I know what having bad coilovers is like...I regret it all the time.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:13 PM

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (azn_outlaw)

Sounds not too bad... on my EK, the setup I'm goin with is Sprint springs (2.5" drop up front , 2.0" in back) factory shocks, and then VERY soon , install Suspension Tech, Sway bars. To me this should work VERY well for the street... I mean that's where I drive it. I dont' autocross ........ yet But even with Sprint springs and no camber kit, The car handles remarkable well...I got just enough negative camber ( like just a hair over-1.0 degree) to hold the road that much better.. I really don't have much body roll at all... Yeah suprising The Streets in Wisconsin are "not the greatest" from the constant change in climate... as you that live here VERY well know... HAAHHA So this setup for me works awesome, .... just a little better/ stiffer suspension, with lessened body roll....

DOWN WITH THE STUNNAZ!!!!! HAHA
Later
Old 11-28-2001, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should upgrade, but with the neuspeeds and koni's it wont be as low but it is going to handle so much better.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:33 PM
New User

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (ek9hatch)

I totally agree, the Neuspeed Race are a spring that I am considering for next years auto-x. The rates are stiff, but hey, we want performance first right?!!
Old 11-28-2001, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would get a full coilovers set. How much is your budget?
Old 11-28-2001, 08:22 PM
New User

Default Re: My suspension setup juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (Hammett)

I dont know what my budget is...

thinkin not too much, I drive mostly on the street

I am tryin to figure out how SRR's full coilovers are and how much

but defnetly lookin at progress full coilover setup, that price is my range

Old 11-28-2001, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: My suspension setup juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (azn_outlaw)

I am running Ground Control's (1.75 drop on my EK coupe and Koni Yellow adjustable shocks...they ride great and i have comparted them to my friends...one with Neuspeed Springs and Koni Red shocks..the ride is good...but still a little bit bumpier than mine..and my other friend with an Si...has Skunk 2s with KYB AGX...very good in corners...but this one was just bouncy.....i got nauseus riding in his car...LOL..and its because of Skunk's high spring rates....so..i would recommend Ground Control and Koni Yellows...the whole set up cost me 860....remember guyz...the difference in suspension can be Chocolate and ****!!!! PUhaHAhaHA

Hating My D16,
Khoi
Old 11-28-2001, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My suspension setup juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (Sohc Driver)

Good set-up (I think) is: Neuspeed race springs, Koni yellows(because Neuspeed designed them), ITR front sway bar(24mm), CompTech rear sway bar combo(22mm) and the Prothane master kit. That's the best!
Old 11-28-2001, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go with the ZEAL B kit coil-over suspension for sure you will find they worked better than any neuspeed or koni shocks.

I have them on special for only $880usd. check out http://www.endless-sport.com
Old 11-28-2001, 11:17 PM
New User

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (AJ PwR)

Go with the ZEAL B kit coil-over suspension for sure you will find they worked better than any neuspeed or koni shocks.
i heard great things about zeal coilovers. ill be switching the ground control/ tokicos out for them next summer.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (bishop)

Zeals are great, but they do cost $$$. AJR is the best place to start

Standard spring rates on Zeals are 672/448, just so you know

That being said, the ride on my Function S is better than my old H&R Sport/stock shock combo.

If you are on a more moderate budget, consider getting Kg/mm DR21 springs and Koni yellows.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:12 AM
Trial User

First of all... a spring is a spring. The only difference is whether it's progressive or fixed rate. That said, most cheap coilover sleeves are usually much stiffer than most people prefer. Then, they put them on stock shocks, or something that can't handle it, like the Tokico's...

You should start with some decent dampers (shocks) and go from there. Personally, I wouldn't buy the neuspeed's either.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:14 AM
Trial User

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (baked)

I should add... the progress full coilovers are extremely nice. They are very well suited to the street. I had some on a 91 integra when they first came out. The only downside is they're non-adjustable dampers, but it doesn't matter if you're not gonna try to autocross or anything.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (baked)

Eibach Prokit and Bilsteins...an upgraded rear bar.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My suspension setup --> juss wonderin should I upgrade or keep what I got... (AJ PwR)

I have them on special for only $880usd. check out http://www.endless-sport.com
How much do they drop? are they stiff?