Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My hopefully helpful findings. 98 Civic Hatch suspension expirament

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My hopefully helpful findings. 98 Civic Hatch suspension expirament

I recently just bought a 98 civic dx hatch. pretty much completely stock aside from an Aem intake, and a megan racing header.

Luckily i've had numberous hondas and (i believe) i have decent mechanical aptitude. I had some questions that werent answered by hours of searching (maybe i just suck at searching). Well i decided that it was time to just get my hands dirty.

My buddy has a knack for wrecking his cars, first his 94 Integra ls, second an 89 crx hf (these are just the honda's). The integra had a decent suspension setup on it. it had eibach sportlines and tokiko hps. The HF however had tein SS coilovers. When he got his 89 si, however it had eibach prolines, and koni yellows (not much better then hp's but you can adjust the compression dampering)

Well, yesterday we went crazy. we swapped the teins over from the hf to the si, and i put the koni yellows, and eibach pros on my "ek".

GUESS WHAT!?! they fit.

How? by using the front shock forks from the crx, and spacers in the rear.
I forgot to mention, i previously had the sportline/tokiko hp setup on it before, where all i needed was spacers for the rear lower control arm shock mounting point.

The real fun part is still to come tho. i'm going to be attempting the front lower control arm swap with sway bar from the integra to the civic.

Let me know what you guys think.

i'll get some full resolution photos up later when i have better light.

other random information:
205/50/15 tires didnt fit so i swapped rims temp. with my buddy. cuz his are only 195/55/15's

Last edited by TatDc5; 05-14-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My hopefully helpful findings. 98 Civic Hatch suspension expirament

Integra front sway will fit but from experience, the integra sway will sit a little lower than the LCAs...so if you over bumps your sway will scratchh,
as for the LCAs the integras's half LCA where the hole for sway bar, will need to mount to the stock civic's other half of the LCA where the forks line up to. Also dont forget to swap out the integra bushing from the integra to your stock civic one because the integra is different from the civic mount up on the subframe....just my .02cents with a long *** run on sentence. lol..
Old 05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My hopefully helpful findings. 98 Civic Hatch suspension expirament

well i'm going to be using both parts of the integra lca, and i have a full integra donor car to pull stuff off of, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I've always been a suspension junky i just didn't realize what i got myself into when i got this dx... its a hassle, but its a fun hassle, and hopefully people can benefit from my errors/experiments.