Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My first Big engine build! turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Big engine build! turbo!

Iv had my car for about 5years. It started out when i first got it as auto. I swapped that right away for manual. and I Finally swapped out my last setup and I am almost finished with this and car is almost done.. I got a D16z6 block w/ CP pistons with stock comp. w/+.020/.5mm bore
eagle rods h-beams
bore, hone and blue print block knife edge crank w/kms block guard
d16y8 head ported and polished KMS ti retainers, kms racing valves and 3 or5 angle valve job on stock valves, intake was ported and polished.
all new oen gaskets, bearings timing belt water adn oil pump valve seat etc

28x12x4 intercooler.. with rfl bov, 560injectors,255walbro,afpr,Mishimoto radiator, 38wastegate.. Huge turbo im not sure the size but bigger than 20G tuner says good for at least 450hp. tein suspension. solid motor mounts..stage 4clutch six puck.. wrx hood scoop and projection lights. the rest is all stock look. Just got some 15" Black rota rims. Sparco steering wheel, tenzo seats with race harness and harness bar. Full interoir is stripped out painted all black.. water temp and oil pressure gauges mounted in passenger dash.. I re did all the wiring and have all switches mounted on metal plate where the stock cd player is at.. lights,fuel pump,turn signals, fan, everything is on switches.. really clean look.. All thats left is some minor things. I am going to 3" full exhaust.. I just need to weld it all together.. Goes downpipe and the middle i have glasspack and does the 90% bend and goes straight out in front of back passenger wheel. I cant wait to hear how it sounds! and sometime this summer get the car painted black.. I have the ecu chipped with a base map iv started the car and actually not that loud for having no exhaust.. but well see... As for the tuning.. I was going to have him do ectune.. But im not sure if i should just get wideband and chip burner because this winter i want to get a cam and lsd.. But how does my build sound? When i choose the cp pistons with stock compression.. was that good ideal? Any ideals or thoughts? Ill post pics up soon as i can. Just thought id share.. I cant wait to take her out once its all done..
Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My first Big engine build! turbo!

pics would be awesome! and thank you for putting that in properly spelled english and not using jacked up grammar to where no one understands you!