Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Misfire problem. (verry low rpm)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire problem. (verry low rpm)

Feels like my cars timing is off wen i go at high speeds or my rpms are high and then i come to a stop(neutral) and then my rpm is a 0 and then my car sounds like is about to die.

I recently put some new spark plug wires (ngk)
i did the timing correctly
and put sum cheap ngk spark plugs

I have a sohc zc v with about 60k miles..

What can my problem be?

im thinking i got the wrong spark plugs because it started after i installed those.

Also one of my friend said it could be a small vacumm leak.
idk.. help!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Misfire problem. (verry low rpm)

Maybe ur manifold needs cleaning with all the corrosions buildups thru time and it could be air vacuum problems too. Try spraying the air idle control with Carb cleaner.
check ur hoses, adjust ur throttle alil, make sure the spark plugs are in right order along with the gaps between the plugs u jus bought. Last check ur distributor, maybe bad rotor
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b18c3ek
Maybe ur manifold needs cleaning with all the corrosions buildups thru time and it could be air vacuum problems too. Try spraying the air idle control with Carb cleaner.
check ur hoses, adjust ur throttle alil, make sure the spark plugs are in right order along with the gaps between the plugs u jus bought. Last check ur distributor, maybe bad rotor
I don't see how you think corrosion could be his problem. Ive seen some weird stuff, but this is a first for me.

I'd start with the ignition (for the "off timing"). Check your rotor and distributor cap. Could also be an ignitor inside the distributor.

As for the idling problem. It could be a mix of an igition problem and a vacuum leak. Check all vacuum lines and maybe try adjusting your idle up a bit.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jtmartin96civic
I don't see how you think corrosion could be his problem. Ive seen some weird stuff, but this is a first for me.

I'd start with the ignition (for the "off timing"). Check your rotor and distributor cap. Could also be an ignitor inside the distributor.

As for the idling problem. It could be a mix of an igition problem and a vacuum leak. Check all vacuum lines and maybe try adjusting your idle up a bit.
yea i see what you guys r sayin'.
i shuld change my distributor cap and rotor since i forgot to change that.

But ill see whats up with vacuum leak.. my rpm's dont go up and down alot. may b from 0 to 500 and it keeps going up and down very slow.

RPM diagram(lol)
1--
-
--
- from here
0-- to here
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For an old motor like that sludge can b a factor too. It's always better cleaning the whole air intake manifold/tb and air idle control. Seems theres more than jus one problem. I've learn it frm experience btw