Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

mini me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini me

well guys i know im supposed to be looking for a ls block for my ls/vtec but, i need my motor and tranny now cuz mine are quittin on me, so i found a dx motor and tranny for a respectable price, well iseen the mini me and what i was wondering if i could put a zc 1.6l 16 valve non vtec head on my motor? i mean what would i need for the swap, i can't think of anything, since it's non vtec, the 16 valves means it would be a dohc right? i need a new motor soon and this one is a nice price so i figured id try to work with what i got and i figured since the zc comes in a non vtec and i think it's dohc i figured id see some gains, would this at all be worth doing to my motor? will i see any thing noticable it's going in my hatch, so ..... any comments or infor would be great thanks alot guys
mark
Old 12-23-2002, 04:52 PM

Default Re: mini me (JDMfever94)

i just forgot how to read.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

paragraphs are your friend, brotha.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Trial User

welll..... your confused i think. let me get this straight... you want to put an zc head on an LS block???? why and no its not worth it. you go out and buy yourself a GSR or b16 head. OR do you mean you want to put a zc head on a dx block??? that wont hurt but your not going to get any more power out of the zc head than you are the dx head both are non vtec. just finish your LS vtec.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:04 PM

Default Re: mini me (poison)

spell check is your friend BROTHER, NOT BROTHA WHAT ARE YOU A GIRL.....!!!!!
Old 12-23-2002, 06:14 PM

Default Re: mini me (purek9hybrid)

what i was saying was a zc dohc non vtec head on the dx block, there are two versions of the zc sohc vtec and dohc non vtec anyways, i want a dohc i was thinking maybe a ex head but will a ex head fit on a dx block, it's vtec and dohc instead of vtec and sohc, will it be hard to pull this off, of course it will cuz if it were easy everyone would have a phat car am i right? lol
Old 12-29-2002, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mini me (94AZTECeg)

ive heard that the dohc zc head wont fit onto a single cam block.....
Old 12-29-2002, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

an ex head is sohc.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mini me (tominos)

well, let me see, the ZC and the EX head will both fit, with minor work that is, for both. I'm told the zc head must be really milled down to spec to make any real power, and then there's the distributor issues. the ex head will be a little easier, but then you must get a ex wiring harness to run vtec ( or get a vafc from apexi). either way, if you can afford to do this, even if its not killer fast, you may learn a lot from the job. so some research and then make a decision. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:37 PM

Why don't you get a b18a or b18b for the price and effort that it will take you to get a dx motor and tranny and attempt to but on a zc or ex head...you way just doesn't make any sense. And if you don't have money then put it on a credit card or take out a personal loan. It's pointless to undertake the task that you are proposing.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:43 AM

Default Re: mini me (Jay-C)

well i would have to say jay c it wasn't a waste of my time because i got the dx motor nice and cheap, if i had a ls motor close by my house maybe i would of gone and picked that up too, but i don't see one nor have the money for one, i needed the tranny now, cuz mine is shot, have you ever noticed at honda tech you have your real nice guys, help you out with anything, or any question, then you got guys with there two cents like you, that give me" useful critisizim" the topic for the thread wasn't why don't i get a b18a or b it was mini me how the hell do i pull i off, if you don't have anything useful towards the discussion of my topic or any thing to get me a littlefurther with my swap then why even talk bro
peace
mark
Old 12-30-2002, 02:31 PM

well guys i know im supposed to be looking for a ls block for my ls/vtec
ok then do it

would this at all be worth doing to my motor? will i see any thing noticable it's going in my hatch, so ..... any comments or infor would be great thanks alot guys
mark
I understand you don't have the money, and I understand you got the dx motor and tranny cheap. What I was saying was why even bring up the fact that you were gonna go ls/vtec if you are are buying a dx block. And why spend money and time putting on a different head when that money could've gone toward your original goal. Yes, it would be a good learning experience. And I know that I don't know what's wrong with your current engine/tranny and I don't know how much money you have to spend or have already spent so my criticism to you is not highly regarded. All I'm saying is for the amount of resources you are investing into your DX project you could be well on your way to geting a complete B16a or B18a changover (head/block/tranny/harness/ecu/etc) delivered to your door for 1000-1500. Maybe you can do what you are talking about for less than 500, but my worthless opinion says if you are spending more than that then it is a waste because you could get the extra money (credit card or personal loan) and achieve your original intention and not have people like me criticize you for undertaking a DX swap. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just trying to give you something to think about or look in to.