Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

many questions any help would be appreciated thank you

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default many questions any help would be appreciated thank you

first spec: my car is a 93 honda Civic ex coupe, with d16z6 engine around 192000 on it.

my car's engine makes the knocking noise, but SPEEDY told me it's my tentioner. does tentioner makes knocking sounds?

need to know how to install a short shifter can some one help me out? best with pictures.

how hard it's to replace head gasket? anyone can help me out?

my oil level always gone low after ..1-2 weeks and usually coolent would be empty too but there is no leak under the car. how is this possible

I live in Massachusetts. I am looking for someone to come here to teach me how to do/fix some of these stuff. I'll buy drinks and food. just let me know email me
dits@deepinthesky.com
Old 11-07-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: many questions any help would be appreciated thank you (ditsboy)

Bump
Old 11-07-2004, 06:43 PM

buy a book for your car. in it there is a list of tools you will need to fix your car. as for the knock... take off the the top timing belt cover, place your car in nutrel, pull the hand brake, start your car, use aflash lite to look down in the cover and see if the tentioner is loose. keeping all loose clothing away from any moving parts....the knock could be a bad rod or rist pin.. good luck.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:48 PM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ditsboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first spec: my car is a 93 honda Civic ex coupe, with d16z6 engine around 192000 on it.

my car's engine makes the knocking noise, but SPEEDY told me it's my tentioner. does tentioner makes knocking sounds?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes a tensioner can make a knocking sound but really...without being able to hear the sound it's making myself, I can't give you a 100% accurate answer.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ditsboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
need to know how to install a short shifter can some one help me out? best with pictures.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do a search on here under user name "dimi" he's done an in depth description of how to do this with pictures.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ditsboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
how hard it's to replace head gasket? anyone can help me out?

my oil level always gone low after ..1-2 weeks and usually coolent would be empty too but there is no leak under the car. how is this possible
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't sound like you're to mechanically experienced so you may need to have a shop or someone else who knows what they're doing help you out changing the head gasket. Your oil and coolant levels are going down without seeing any external leaks because the leaks are interal and leaking into the cylinders and getting burned and blown out your exhaust pipe. Just check to make sure coolant isn't mixing in with your oil (pull dipstick and see if the oil looks milky). If it is mixing, stop driving your car ASAP and hope that your engine isn't royally screwed.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: many questions any help would be appreciated thank you (baddog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by baddog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buy a book for your car. in it there is a list of tools you will need to fix your car. as for the knock... take off the the top timing belt cover, place your car in nutrel, pull the hand brake, start your car, use aflash lite to look down in the cover and see if the tentioner is loose. keeping all loose clothing away from any moving parts....the knock could be a bad rod or rist pin.. good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yuor best bet....or get a z6 with less miles...or even a y8

good luck man