Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lsvtec (Honda4ever)

this has been covered to many times.. just do some research
Old 10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lsvtec (Honda4ever)

It all depends on who builds it. ls vtec can be fast or very slow. Ive been in a eg with a built ls block and si head(sleeve piston skunk2 ecu cams and more and still cant pull harder then a zc. but if u can get sumone that know how to build a ls vtec it can be very fast.
or
Old 10-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lsvtec (MugenedEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenedEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It all depends on who builds it. ls vtec can be fast or very slow. Ive been in a eg with a built ls block and si head(sleeve piston skunk2 ecu cams and more and still cant pull harder then a zc. but if u can get sumone that know how to build a ls vtec it can be very fast.
or </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i find that really hard to belive
Old 10-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lsvtec (code415)

probably an exaggeration..but i too believe that even the best parts can turn out like ****...some practicaloty and functionality are necessary for a good set up regardless of what composes the set up..cant just throw on a buncha good name brand parts and expect a certain hp increase by the parts...about the lsvtec..i'v heard several different things..theres even a webpage dedicated to the explanation of lsvtec and why its a bad idea because of the rod stroke ratio and how it doesnt mix well with high revs causing a less than desired reliability...

on the other hand i'v spoken to many reputable engine builders who say miniscule setbacks like the bad rod stroke ratio are just phallacies...but my humble opinion is simply this...with the propper know how, set up, and tuning, you can make any engine reliable and in reach of whatever HP/TQ goal you want (within reason of course)...i havnt been on this forum for long..but one thing i learned so far, is you cant make threads like this and expect to be guided in the right direction..your not going to get predominantly knowledgable and resourceful information..on the contrary..your going to get mostly opinions..and dont base your decisions off the mass majority's opinions...simply put..google lsvtec/crvtec and see where it leads you..research parts, numbers, and read from honest expriences from people whov owned this set up...also keep in mind what YOU want your outcome to be..people build for different reasons..good daily driver/ track car/ autoX/ show project..this fact alone makes it critical that you dont jump on the first bandwagon of any given thread...educate yourself and feel free to ask questions AFTER searching immensely..dont be lazy and just expect someone to guide you with such a vague/simple questions because you'll only get flamed...goodluck..

PS: try the "all motor" forum rather than the civic