Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering 1996 civic

I have coilovers do I need to buy caster\camber parts
Old 05-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lowering 1996 civic (iceellis)

yep.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: lowering 1996 civic (jadugartir)

what parts needed . I was waiting to install the coilover . I was going to buy skunk caster\ canber kit front and back
Old 05-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how low are you going?

for the rears, you can use the washer trick to fix the camber.

also, if you dont mind al ittle camber, just go get your toe straightened out and you should be good.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: (ekcivic9)

http://www.honda-acura.net/for...27432

thats for the diy camber-kit
Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: (ekcivic9)

1 or 2 inch
Old 05-14-2006, 07:50 PM

dont listen to these pussies. most people on hondatech speak from their *** or from what they here. anyone with actual experience who isnt a ***** will tell you you dont need to damn camber kit. after you lower your car see if your alignment is good. if you want to be safe, get an alignemtn. after 1 month of you see fast/abnormal tire wear, THEN get a camber kit. dont waste money if you dont need to. im slammed on skunk2 coilover over AGX's and im perfectly good no alignment no nothing

1-2 inches aint ****, people who need camber kits are lowered like 4 inches so that there tires are like this / \. thats when you need a camber kit but trust me you dont need it
Old 05-14-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (k20eg66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k20eg66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont listen to these pussies. most people on hondatech speak from their *** or from what they here. anyone with actual experience who isnt a ***** will tell you you dont need to damn camber kit. after you lower your car see if your alignment is good. if you want to be safe, get an alignemtn. after 1 month of you see fast/abnormal tire wear, THEN get a camber kit. dont waste money if you dont need to. im slammed on skunk2 coilover over AGX's and im perfectly good no alignment no nothing

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Best advice of the year ******** Sacrafice your tires to find out if your alignment is ok WTF kind of advice is that?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you lower your car you absolutly need an alignment. Your toe will be off. toe eats your tires, not camber.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k20eg66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont listen to these pussies. most people on hondatech speak from their *** or from what they here. anyone with actual experience who isnt a ***** will tell you you dont need to damn camber kit. after you lower your car see if your alignment is good. if you want to be safe, get an alignemtn. after 1 month of you see fast/abnormal tire wear, THEN get a camber kit. dont waste money if you dont need to. im slammed on skunk2 coilover over AGX's and im perfectly good no alignment no nothing

1-2 inches aint ****, people who need camber kits are lowered like 4 inches so that there tires are like this / \. thats when you need a camber kit but trust me you dont need it</TD></TR></TABLE>
dude, i do alignment for a living, among other things, but roughly 30-40 alignments per week, and will tell you that you are wrong. the ***** is the one that says its ok not to get an alignment after modifying your suspension. to answer the OP question, if you drop it camber kits will help tire wear, but arent necessarily needed. i personally run 1.8" drop in the front w/out camber kits (even though i get them for next to nothing) and have virtually no abnormal tire wear.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Re: (packthis)

what advise do you have. will a kit front and back save the tires
Old 05-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

advise, well, i told you what i run, and the tire wear issue i dont have, thats not enough advise.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1-2 inches aint ****, people who need camber kits are lowered like 4 inches so that there tires are like this / \. thats when you need a camber kit but trust me you dont need it</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? if you don't know what the expletive your're talking about then get out, don't be spreading fake ****.

You will not be needing a camber kit unless you race you have a race car and you need to constantly change camber settings according to different tracks. Camber is good, not bad. Having toe is bad. When you lower your car, you toe settings get thrown out of whack, that's why when you go get alignment right after you lower it, you need to tell the alignment tech to set the toe to 0 and not worry about the camber AT ALL. It's not adjustable in our cars, and for most of us, there is no reason to have it.

Lower it&gt;&gt;Alignment (toe 0)&gt;&gt;no tire wear.

I have 1.5 degrees of camber in the front and 0.2 in the back, tires are worn evenly even after 7 months. Go to the suspension section if you need more info on this. Noobs ask this question all the time.

/Thread.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:05 PM

Default Re: (iceellis)

dude, i know your new but if i were you, before you do this, learn the facts and physics of your car before you do any mod to it. Expecting to learn everything on here is asking for trouble and bad advice.

Whenever your suspension travel/geometry changes so does your camber, this gets more and more pronounced as the car gets lower. I have a ej8 coupe dropped on tein s-techs 2 inches and kyb agx and i got an alignment done RIGHT AWAY with front and rear camber kits. They had to adjust it drastically to correct all the camber and toe changes. This has allowed me to have ZERO accelerated wear on my tires front and back. My advice, learn about your car first, then go at it modifying it.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (d-man88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d-man88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Whenever your suspension travel/geometry changes so does your camber, this gets more and more pronounced as the car gets lower. I have a ej8 coupe dropped on tein s-techs 2 inches and kyb agx and i got an alignment done RIGHT AWAY with front and rear camber kits. They had to adjust it drastically to correct all the camber and toe changes. This has allowed me to have ZERO accelerated wear on my tires front and back. My advice, learn about your car first, then go at it modifying it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

News flash, you wasted money on camber kits that you don't need. Why don't you learn about the physics of suspension before you give any advice?
Your tires are not being worn because of your toe settings, not camber. You car could handle so much better if it had some camber, but apparently you didn't know that.

I also have <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d-man88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ZERO accelerated wear on my tires front and back.</TD></TR></TABLE> with no camber kits. Go read a book on suspension or something.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: (fast95eg9)

Thank for the info .My boss told me the same thing. Zero toe no camber kits
Old 05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aemciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aemciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you lower your car you absolutly need an alignment. Your toe will be off. toe eats your tires, not camber.</TD></TR></TABLE> exactly. if your going 1 inch i wouldnt worry about camber. just make sure your toe is good
Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of coilovers if you don't mind me asking? I hope not eBay ones.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nothing wrong w/ ebay coilovers, most are made w/ the same materials and spring rates as the more expensive coilover sleeves. everyone is quick to knock an "inexpensive" part. next everyone will say ebay short rams arent as good as AEM.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

drop zone coilovers
Old 05-15-2006, 02:10 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1113916

this will shut you all up
Old 05-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (excivicboy96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by excivicboy96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1113916

this will shut you all up</TD></TR></TABLE> WTF? a bit off topic there bud. coilovers and exhaust manifolds dont share too much in common

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by excivicboy96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it true that vinyl decals increase downforce therefore raising torque and hp?</TD></TR></TABLE> please leave this forum